Tutorial Always load all DLLs in dnSpy. Useful functions can be hidden in other DLL files

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
It was been long time I modded a protected PRG game. Last year it was protected by packer and it did detect emulator, root and memory editor. Today I looked into the game again and realized the developer dropped the packer protection and detection but .dll still protected. Hmm… don't know why. The game worked perfectly on rooted emulator with GameGuardian running. No fake crashes.

There is something wrong with the game. I couldn't find anything useful in Assembly-CSharp.dll file, just some useless behavior designer, effects etc, and dnSpy failed to decompile the code. I opened Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll but it also failed to decompile the code. I gave up and went to sleep cause I wasted my time

CrZ5V0D.png

Next day, I had an idea. Load all DLLs into dnSpy and search and search. I finally found something useful functions that are not protected, MessageCS.dll. what the!?!? why is dev hiding useful functions in that file?

3tsojXF.png

Tested the mod, it worked perfectly

pxpDCar.png

So if you do not want to waste your time, make sure to load ALL DLL files, not Assembly-Csharp.dll. That way dnSpy can search more functions.

Wish your luck :)

69unknown69

Platinian
Apr 14, 2019
ph
hello! i have a problem regarding with this topic. i am trying to mod a game named "Archero" and i found out that the code ive been looking for looks the same with your screenshot. this is the code i need then the problem is when i decompile it to edit the code it generates this. if i change the red line the game will fked up. i wanted to attach a toggle but the return bla bla is red and if i return default(int) it returns 0 damage. please enlighten me

Attachments

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
i have checked the link you preferred to me sir. however the problem is when i apply it to a Mod Menu :(
you can just follow the link then you can add toggle after that
Show me screenshot of mod menu problem

69unknown69

Platinian
Apr 14, 2019
ph
you can just follow the link then you can add toggle after that
Show me screenshot of mod menu problem
image 1 is the original source code.
image 2 is where i followed the guide on the link you have given me. the problem is that if i turn on the cheat it does not work. but if i make the if selection to !Team.Black3 the cheat will work and it wont turn-off.
image 3 is the default source code if i edit the method

Attachments

Gamingmanixx

Platinian
May 30, 2021
United Kingdom
hello! i have a problem regarding with this topic. i am trying to mod a game named "Archero" and i found out that the code ive been looking for looks the same with your screenshot. this is the code i need then the problem is when i decompile it to edit the code it generates this. if i change the red line the game will fked up. i wanted to attach a toggle but the return bla bla is red and if i return default(int) it returns 0 damage. please enlighten me
How did you get to that source code? I'm learning how to mod and I'm starting with archero