AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
oLqk69A.png

Well that's pretty easy, just search IsGenuine, GetSignature or InstalledFromRightLocation and return it to TRUE. They are all boolean.

Use dnSpy, it's much easier to edit code. Right click inside method code, select "Edit Method (C#)..." and replace it with "return true;"

RNsQTIQ.png

Tip: Dump source code from dll and search keywords in files using Notepad++ and analize them. It's much easier for me because i can search string, url string, excat code etc.

Keywords to search: Integrity, Check, Genuine, Signature, Installed, Location etc.

How i found IsGenuine?

First, i was analizing ShowInvalidBuildError() but i was unable to locate the check, so i just just dump the entire source code and search "signature" in files using Notepad++ because it's much easier for me to find the useful code. My former friend told me that trick.

How i found InstalledFromRightLocation?

I recorded a logcat using Matlog app to find an error, and i already found interesting function ReceiveInstallFromWrongLocationError()

bhJlGum.png

so i took a look in dnSpy. I analized it , look InitOnStart() and there is a code

Code:
bool flag2 = AndroidUnityUtilWrapper.InstalledFromRightLocation();
InstalledFromRightLocation() is also an interesting method. It was a boolean so I returned it true and it worked!

Credits:
AndnixSH#

Last edited:

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
@AndnixSH
can you make a video?
Buddy, video with what?

This tutorial already shows everything you need.
Just search for similiar keywords like IsGenuine. That can be everything. Can be stuff like "InstalledFromGP" too and anything like that.

0BFUSCATI0N

Platinian
Sep 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Use some brown power people ! And to @AndnixSH I want to thank you, I reached a point where modding unity was ez... And boring, I felt like my learning had stopped. id hit a brick wall basically, after reading through your content you have now encouraged me to push along again, and things are working on enjoying modding again yay ;) I love your guides and all the others here these have gave me that little extra knowledge to keep at it and enjoy it on the process so I say thank you to you.

And thank you to anyone other members that have tutorials here. This stuff is priceless in some people's eyes.

Hey maybe I'll find myself applying for mod team ! Again that's platinmods, I no that you guys have what it takes, I can sense it.

I wish everyone goodluck :)
X