Tool BytecodeViewer - View smali and java code (Cross-platform)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
LNAXihx.png

Bytecode Viewer is an Advanced Lightweight Java Bytecode Viewer, GUI Java Decompiler, GUI Bytecode Editor, GUI Smali, GUI Baksmali, GUI APK Editor, GUI Dex Editor, GUI APK Decompiler, GUI DEX Decompiler, GUI Procyon Java Decompiler, GUI Krakatau, GUI CFR Java Decompiler, GUI FernFlower Java Decompiler, GUI DEX2Jar, GUI Jar2DEX, GUI Jar-Jar, Hex Viewer, Code Searcher, Debugger and more.
It's written completely in Java, and it's open sourced. It's currently being maintained and developed by Konloch.

How to use:
Download BytecodeViewer from official source: Releases · Konloch/bytecode-viewer · GitHub

Launch BytecodeViewer.exe for WIndows or BytecodeViewer 2.9.8.jar for *Unix, and MacOS

Drop your jar/zip/apk/dex in Files form.

If you have problem with apk, extract dex from apk and drop dex file.

If you are working with smali. Select View -> Pane 1 -> JD-GUI -> Java and View -> Pane 2 -> Smali/DEX -> Smali/DEX

Select a .class file to view the code.

That's all. You can use it to learn smali quick if you understand Java.

You can edit java with BytecodeViewer but it is bad idea to do since smali to java conversation isn't 100% perfect yet

Last edited:

Nagate

Rookie
Aug 6, 2019
Japan
Very helpful, however it seems that v2.11 has different settings under "view", it's now just view -> pane 2 -> Smali -> bytecode (and check editable)

(correct me if I'm wrong, I have experience with some languages as well as modding pc builds of Unity games (mono, not IL2CPP or BURST) but this'll be my first go at Smali)