This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Disconnect/lag issues with games

Cletus

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
'Merica
I've noticed some similarities with games that have a "no ads" mod. CSR2 and Toram Online are two examples I'll use.

With Toram Online it's stated in the thread that disconnect will happen from time to time. And that is true, to a frustrating level.

With CSR 2 there is severe lag to the degree that you have to restart the game a few times.

Recently with CSR 2 the "no ads" mod hasn't been working. Not complaining about it because since it has ads again there isn't any lag.

If any modder could test this...I don't know how to mod yet still learning...that would be awesome to see if this type of mod has an effect like that.

Now I do understand that with any type of mod there will be issues like this. I'm only bringing this up for a possible research or test into the effects certain types of mods have on game performance and if possible any solutions or tweaks.

I apologise if this has been a topic before I was just too lazy to backtrack all of the threads lol

Cletus

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
'Merica
Ok that makes sense. With CSR 2 I believe it's version 2. With those ads I think it's more with the constant pop ups to buy things. I did get some but more recently I get them more often. And just the way they acted it was almost perfect timing of when the game would crash without the pop ups.

This was more of a question than anything. Just spotting things that either are coincidence or are acting weird. Either that or I have weird timing/luck lol

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
But im sure you use a shared csr2 mod because i can't see any PMT CSR2 Mod.
And when yes, it can be, thats the reason why lammoi isn't anymore a staff member.
Because this ads in some shared mods.
But we can't do anything against this because we have nothing to do with shared mods

Cletus

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
'Merica
Yes it was shared. I forgot that was a factor. Thank you for helping xD