Tutorial VMOS Pro Global/CN FREE Custom ROMs | Gapps, ROOT, Xposed | Android 4.4.4, 5.1.1, 7.1.2, 9.0 ROMs | NO VIP

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
1601464967272.png

VMOS Pro was protected so I wasn't able to modify/crack APK. Instead, I made a custom ROM as a zip file for VMOS Pro that includes permanent root and Xposed, all done on my Android phone because zipping on Windows or Linux caused corruption on the ROM file. You don't need to use modded APK at all

YOU CANNOT INSTALL ANY OTHER ROMS SUCH AS SAMSUNG, HUAWEI, ETC THAT ARE NOT MADE FOR VMOS. VMOS ROM IMPORTING IS FOR VMOS ROM ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BE DUMB!

FOR EMULATOR USERS: DO NOT TRY TO RUN VMOS IN EMULATORS, ALL VM APPS ARE NEVER SUPPORTED AND WILL SUBJECT TO CRASH. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DUMB WAY TO DO IT. INSTEAD, INSTALL OTHER EMULATORS LISTED HERE List of Android Emulators for PC - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Download VMOS Pro app

English and Chinese version has been combined into one APK, so you will get same version regardless if downloaded from EN or CN website
If you want to use modded APK, you do not need to use custom ROM

Global (EN) website:
Chinese website:
Download custom ROMs:
The following ROMs are available. ALL ROMs are tested before release:
- Android 9.0 ARM64/64-bit (Root and Gapps included)
- Android 7.1.2 ARM64/64-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 7.1.2 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 5.1.1 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 5.1.1 ARM64/64-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 4.4.4 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included) (PlayStore currently broken. I don't know why)

Custom ROMs by AndnixSH
These ROMs should work on future versions too
You are welcome to modify my ROMs and release it, but I would appreciate if you can at least credit to me :D

Direct links: (To use direct ROM downloading in VMOS. Read more below)
Do not copy this link. Check my simple website, then copy one of direct link
Click here: https://files.andnixsh.com/vmos/

Do you want other Android version? Please contact VMOS developers. I can only provide ROMs officially supported by VMOS

Chinese based ROMs:
VMOS虚拟大师论坛

Chinese ROMs can also be downloaded inside community section (As of 1.4.0, it's currently only available if you live in china i think. You can access it on older CN version)

Other user custom ROMs:
Currently nothing yet. Some modders who previously have modded ROM have deleted the files from the internet

Installation:
Make sure to store the files on internal memory, not real SD Card because VMOS can't access SD Card. Your downloaded files are usally stored in /storage/emulated/0/download.
VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THE DIRECTORY AND FILENAME DOES NOT CONTAIN SPACES AND SPECIAL SYMBOLS, OTHERWISE IT WILL FAIL TO INSTALL THE ROM!

Open VMOS Pro, grant all permission if this is first time.

Click on plus sign

1600529614431.png

Click on 3 dots

1600529625197.png

There are 3 options, Rec the VM, Import local ROM and download remote ROM.

- Rec the VM
To install your backed up ROM or from someone. We do not need to use it right now

- Download remote ROM
Download the ROM directly from remote URL.

Copy and paste one of the direct URLs mentioned above and press Download

Screenshot_20230511-103456.png

After downloading, the file will be named Remote download (number). Click Add to install the ROM

Screenshot_20230511-103606.png

- Import local ROM
Import and install your downloaded ROM. This is recommended way to install custom ROM

Go to the location where the ROM files are stored and select it

1600529636087.png

The ROM will install and will boot up after that

1600529646790.png

The result:

1600529657520.png

If you have any problem, please read FAQ first.
Post an issue with the following infomation

- ROM zip name
- Your device model and android version

FAQ:
Q: Does it work on emulators such as Nox, LDPlayer, Memu...?

A: NO, ALL VM APPS ARE NEVER SUPPORTED ON EMULATORS. INSTEAD, INSTALL OTHER EMULATORS LISTED HERE: List of Android Emulators for PC - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Q: Can I install any other custom ROM that are made for phones such as Samsung, Huawei, Motorola, etc.??
A: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no….YOU CANNOT INSTALL ANY OTHER ROMS SUCH AS SAMSUNG, HUAWEI, ETC THAT ARE NOT MADE FOR VMOS. ROM INSTALLATION IS FOR VMOS ROMS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BE THAT DUMB!

Q: Can you add SuperSU or Magisk into the ROM?
A: I tried many many times to add SuperSU or Magisk but it just won't work. I guess because of the limitation of the VMOS

Q: There is no option to turn off root and xposed
A: It is not supported on custom ROM, regardless if youhave VIP or not

Q: Play Store is crashing and won't open
A: Wait 1-5 mins until it has fully updated silently

Q: My Google account won't add after login
A: This sometime happens if you login directly on Play Store. Please open Settings -> Accounts -> Add accounts

Q: Play store won't install any apps
A: Clear data of Play Store and Google Services, and reboot VMOS

Q: I have no root permission even granted
A: This is a problem with VMOS's superuser. Ask the VMOS dev to fix it

Q: Some apps doesn't work/stopped working
A: Not all apps work on VMOS. Some apps may detect root or xposed. Please try official ROMs without root or xposed, see if it works. If it does not work, please report bug to VMOS

Q: Can you implement some features?
A: No. Send feedback to the VMOS team if you want to request

Q: Can you make custom ROM with other Android versions like Android 13?
A: Same as above. Send feedback to the VMOS team

VMOS help and support:

Send feedback via app. Open VMOS -> Profile > VMOS Pro Feedback

Extras:
How to make custom ROM

Credits:
VMOS developers
AndnixSH (Custom ROM)
Chinese community (Custom ROM for 4.4.4 with Kinguser Root and Gapps)

Attachments

Last edited:

Viietkoz

Platinian
Oct 31, 2017
i have black screen for launch the ROM 7.1.2 vmos but for ROM 5.1.1 run perfect. My device is Samsung J7 (2016) Android 8.1.0.

i think it's about all device with android 8.1.0 can't not run virtual ROM android 7.1.2 ?

Reactions: P∆R∆D|$O

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
i have black screen for launch the ROM 7.1.2 vmos but for ROM 5.1.1 run perfect. My device is Samsung J7 (2016) Android 8.1.0.

i think it's about all device with android 8.1.0 can't not run virtual ROM android 7.1.2 ?
7.1.2 work fine on my Android 9. Does the official 7.1.2 ROM work?

Vikass17

Rookie
Oct 6, 2020
India
Can you tell me how to use android 4.1-4.4 on vmos ? I want to play samurai vs zombies defense . if you know something else that works plz tell me.
Can I download any ROM and install it ?

Reactions: Nehoray45

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Can you tell me how to use android 4.1-4.4 on vmos ? I want to play samurai vs zombies defense . if you know something else that works plz tell me.
Can I download any ROM and install it ?
VMOS team didn't make base ROMS for Android 4.1-4.4 so i can't make it, and no you can't install any other roms that are not for VMOS
Did you try this game on 5.1.1?

Vikass17

Rookie
Oct 6, 2020
India
VMOS team didn't make base ROMS for Android 4.1-4.4 so i can't make it, and no you can't install any other roms that are not for VMOS
Did you try this game on 5.1.1?
Yes , there are two version. First only works till jellybean. Can someone mod it for android 10. Its simply the best game on andorid.
If other roms don't work why is there download and install options for rom. I tried nexus 4and 5 roms . (factory image) i dont know if its the same thing as rom. But every rom Samsung custom i tried , it cant open any.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Yes , there are two version. First only works till jellybean. Can someone mod it for android 10. Its simply the best game on andorid.
If other roms don't work why is there download and install options for rom. I tried nexus 4and 5 roms . (factory image) i dont know if its the same thing as rom. But every rom Samsung custom i tried , it cant open any.
Bruuh the ROM installation is for VMOS ROMS ONLY, VMOS is not a Samsung phone that's why it will not work. It's like trying to install a Huawei ROM on a Samsung phones lmfao ???. Why it has option to install ROM, because there are custom VMOS ROM by chinese out there

I have checked the game. it appears the crash occur on gwallet. I don't know how where to fix because the crash logs didn't tell me anything useful

Reactions: Nguyenvantruong

Viietkoz

Platinian
Oct 31, 2017
what you mean official 7.1.2 ROM , from vmos official website ?

if my device is arm v7 , did it work with ROM arm64 ? i think i got black screen because arm and arm64 are different ?

i success run ROM 5.1.2 with arm v7
i have black screen in ROM 7.1.2 with arm64
and my device is Samsung J7 (2016) , android 8.1.0, arm v7