Help! extending minecraft pe attack range distance in game mode survival

realRootkit

Platinian
Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
US
hi
I'm new to modding, and I've decided to try to mess around with an old version of the game mentioned in the title and I've got very little experience with IDA PRO so I'm hoping you guys could assist me in this, so basically I extracted the lib.so file from the game and opened it in IDA PRO 32 bit, my goal is to try to extend the attack range (how far I can hit players from my position), usually when in survival mode it's limited to certain value like 4 - 5 blocks, and in creative its way higher, maybe 8 - 12 and I'm trying to make it higher by a few extra blocks in survival.
I'm pretty much stuck at this point and could not find a function that could be related to "reach" or something that changes the attack range when in game mode survival, so I just kept looking around without finding anything I could be able to make use of to achieve what I'm trying to do here,
---
some of the stuff that ive learned from watching some videos on youtube :
add add to, a value
mul multiply
sub substract
nop no operation // can be replaced
mov move bytes to an adress like always true or F
LDR load a value
str store a value

BRANCHES

beq branch if equale
bne branch if not
blt branch if lower than

bgt if first value is greater then continue
------

888888.png

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
What you learned are ARM instructions. Noe you have to learn how to use them properly.
Regarding the function you're looking for, maybe you have not searched well enough, or maybe its symbol is stripped.

Reactions: realRootkit

realRootkit

Platinian
Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
US
What you learned are ARM instructions. Noe you have to learn how to use them properly.
Regarding the function you're looking for, maybe you have not searched well enough, or maybe its symbol is stripped.
mind explaining what stripped means?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
mind explaining what stripped means?
Next time use google search for questions like this. Im gonna answer you once tho.
In this pic, the function you screenshot has the "IsCreative" symbol, so you can easily find it. Functions with stripped symbols don't have the symbol tagging it. For example, check a libil2cpp.so file in ida without loading the dumped script.json

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
Next time use google search for questions like this. Im gonna answer you once tho.
In this pic, the function you screenshot has the "IsCreative" symbol, so you can easily find it. Functions with stripped symbols don't have the symbol tagging it. For example, check a libil2cpp.so file in ida without loading the dumped script.json
How can we load the libil2cpp WITH the dump.cs in IDA?

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
How can we load the libil2cpp WITH the dump.cs in IDA?
load the script in ida under the file option in the left upper corner, then choose the script your got from the il2cpp dumper, not the dump.cs, its a python script. Get sure you have python installed, it was an option to enable when you installed IDA first time.

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
load the script in ida under the file option in the left upper corner, then choose the script your got from the il2cpp dumper, not the dump.cs, its a python script. Get sure you have python installed, it was an option to enable when you installed IDA first time.
Ohh thanks! And is there any trick to get the names of the functions on nonUnity Games?