Help! Google Play Login using strings found in app

nightknight87

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 27, 2022
Earth
I have been working on this project off and on for nearly 3 years. I make progress, hit a wall, take a long long break, and come back to it. The burnout hits harder each time.

Is it possible to login to Google Play Services using the app ID and other values in the manifest?

I'm trying to make calls to the game's API. I've been able to capture it's traffic. Using an older build that doesn't use il2cpp I can see that it's passing something called "auth_code" that it gets from a Google Play Services login. I've researched GPGS and oauth, and found strings that I believe are part of the authorization process, but I think I'm still missing one thing. I'm struggling to get the client signature. My journey brought me to this Python file for PokemonGo I think I have the android_id and client_id, but I don't know where to get the sig.

There's already a site that uses the API, but it's a paid service. I'm a developer and thought it'd be a fun exercise to learn how to do it too (see first line). I know it's possible to access the API. I've even done it myself by reusing the token from captured traffic, but I want my application to function without requiring the manual process.

The game is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes