This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Tutorial How to access Data & OBB folder on Android 11 and above

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Starting with Android 11+, access to Android/data and /Android/obb is restricted by Google. Restrictions are related to security. Sensitive information may be stored in these folders. You would need a computer to access them normally, however there is still a way to access Android/data and /Android/obb directory without a PC

Shizuku app
Download Shizuku from Play Store or other sources: Download | Shizuku

Read user manual how to start Shizuku User manual | Shizuku

Once you have started Shizuku, go to Authorized apps list.

Choose the file explorer app you want to authorize. If the file explorer app is already running, make sure to close it

You can now access Android/data and /Android/obb in read-write mode without permission (Notice the small Shizuku icon of Android folder)

Other methods
You can see ZArchiver's guide how to grant access to Android/data and /Android/obb without Shizuku/ADB

Last edited:
Doesn't work now?? I had used this method for months but I just tried to access obb & get can't use this folder

Doesn't work now?? I had used this method for months but I just tried to access obb & get can't use this folder

Android 11? Still works use the shortcut i posted above. For Android 12, i dunno i dont have and i will never update to 12 (i hate that design look)

Android 11? Still works use the shortcut i posted above. For Android 12, i dunno i dont have and i will never update to 12 (i hate that design look)
I wanted to paste obb. I'm also using android 11.

Earlier maybe few months ago I could paste obb with x-plore but it didn't worked now. Also tried your app.

I wanted to paste obb. I'm also using android 11.

Earlier maybe few months ago I could paste obb with x-plore but it didn't worked now. Also tried your app.

In the files shortcut you need to copy things to the Android folder, then "touch & hold" the file til you can drag & move it. Its a bit weird but you will learn to get used to it.