Tutorial How to backup app data using Titanium backup app (Root)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Most users probably don't need a backup tool since most games comes with login system, or transfer ID. But some offline games does not offer an option to backup or you can't backup because you haven't paid the game, or using signed APK, or broken Facebook login.

To use Titanium Backup Pro properly, you'll need to root your Android device. If you don't have root, you can use Virtual Machine and install apps you like in it. You can't transfer your data to your Virtual Machine

Download Titanium Backup Titanium Backup (root needed) - Apps on Google Play

Open Titanium Backup. It may ask you to install addon, you can install it

Image 1654195507.png

You may see this warning, just ignore it

Image 1654195536.png

We will need to avoid backing up the APK since it would take long time. Click Menu

Image 1654195804.png

If you want to save spaces, avoid APK backup by unchecking all 3 options of APK backup

Image 1654195783.png

Go back. Now we need to filter the app list. Click the Backup/Restore tab and click on Click to edit filters

Image 1654195561.png

Uncheck System

Image 1654195574.png

It's now all setup. We can now start backing up app data

Choose the app you like to backup. Click Backup!

Image 1654195590.png

When it's done, it will show latest time of the backup with the checkmark icon on right-side

Image 1654195826.png

The data will be stored at /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup

Image 1654195867.png

REMEMBER, max backup is 1. You might want to move the files elsewhere before backing up if you want to have multiple backups

When you want to restore data. Choose the same app again and click Restore

Image 1654195912.png

As simple as that

Last edited:

Rojiddj

Platinian
Aug 14, 2022
Semarang
On virtual Android from here
Current version 1.2.6
How do you set it up?

I got the problem that the APP can't scan many apps, like only the system APP is scanned.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
On virtual Android from here
Current version 1.2.6
How do you set it up?

I got the problem that the APP can't scan many apps, like only the system APP is scanned.
Make sure to filter as User only (See screenshot above)
Alternative app is Swift Backup

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Have you tried it to know more

Because yes, I saw this post before I followed the guide.

That was before I didn't know how

So if there is something wrong, please let me know.
Not on Virtual Android but worked on rooted emulator. However, Titanium backup is abandoned and may be broken sometimes, so please try Swift Backup

Rojiddj

Platinian
Aug 14, 2022
Semarang
Not on Virtual Android but worked on rooted emulator. However, Titanium backup is abandoned and may be broken sometimes, so please try Swift Backup
I don't think it's possible in the current virtual Android version here, but I think it's possible in older versions, hmm each version must be tried to install for checking.

There is no guide for Swift Backup?

I want to try it first

vaizardjin10

Platinian
Dec 11, 2021
Philippines
Quick question. I'm currently playing a modded game with free in-app purchase. It does have a way to backup save file via linking your account to fb and gmail but this option is not working. I think I'm using a signed version. I tried to look if it has a unsigned version but no luck at my end. So my question is does making a back up with the following steps above works when my game updates and requires me to reinstall a new mod version? Thank you.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Quick question. I'm currently playing a modded game with free in-app purchase. It does have a way to backup save file via linking your account to fb and gmail but this option is not working. I think I'm using a signed version. I tried to look if it has a unsigned version but no luck at my end. So my question is does making a back up with the following steps above works when my game updates and requires me to reinstall a new mod version? Thank you.
Try uninstall/freeze Facebook app and you should be able to login with Facebook via web browser.
If you have root with disabled signature check, you can install unsigned apk on top of signed apk

Reactions: vaizardjin10

vaizardjin10

Platinian
Dec 11, 2021
Philippines
Try uninstall/freeze Facebook app and you should be able to login with Facebook via web browser.
If you have root with disabled signature check, you can install unsigned apk on top of signed apk
Thank you very much. It works once I've disabled my default fb and log in with the web browser. Thank you once again. I really appreciate it.

• Love
Reactions: AndnixSH