Tutorial How To Bypass Google Drive Download Limit Error

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
You have probably experienced this error. Which says "Download Quota Exceeded" or "sorry you can’t view or download this file at this time." when you tried to download files from Google Drive
What this errors means the quotas have reached the limit due to large number of people downloaded the file. The file may be locked for a 24 hour period before the quota is reset. The more traffics, the longer the file is locked

Bypass limit error:
Make sure you are logged in and have enough free space on your drive
This trick works on both mobile and PC. On mobile, turn on desktop mode/desktop site on your browser

If the link is a shared folder, follow this video:

If the link is a single shared file, follow one of videos. Those are not my videos:

Last edited:

LeonTE

Rookie
Mar 18, 2020
I am speed
Does not work anymore, patched but I found something that worked for me. (Make sure to be logged into your google account before everything)

Just follow the steps:
1. Go to the link you want to download and to the 'Download Quota Exceeded' error
2. From here go to your google drive space and go to 'Shared with me' section
3. Select the file you want to download and press Shift + Z then click on Add
4. Go back to 'My Drive' and make a copy of the file.
5. Donwload the copy.

Try to keep that for yourself so this method last a bit longer and don't get patched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ton14

uali698100

Platinian
Jul 27, 2019
Unknown
Does not work anymore, patched but I found something that worked for me. (Make sure to be logged into your google account before everything)

Just follow the steps:
1. Go to the link you want to download
2. Click on "Add shortcut to drive" icon and click on "Add shortcut" button.
3. Go to your google drive folder where you add the shortcut.
4. Create new folder with any name and add that shortcut in that folder with one other file (any file).
5. Download that folder.

Try to keep that for yourself so this method last a bit longer and don't get patched.