Tutorial How to install unsigned APK using Lucky Patcher (Rooted device/Emulator/VM)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Can't login with your Google+ on modded games? Really need to uninstall Facebook? NO PROBLEM. Today, I will show you how to patch signature, so you can install any UNSIGNED modded apk. This is usally for rooted devices only but non-rooted devices can use any Virtual Machine apps which can be rooted

Note: Signature patching may not work on 64-bit emulators. Use Xposed method or CorePatch instead

Requirements:

- Rooted device or emulator, or rooted Virtual Machine apps for non-rooted device
- Lucky Patcher app Lucky Patcher V8.6.3 Download Latest APK - [OFFICIAL WEBSITE]
- Busybox app (normal root) or Busybox for Android NDK (Magisk version). Busybox is not really required to patch, but it is recommended to install it to stop Lucky Patcher from warning you

Steps for normal root with SuperSU or other Superusers:
Download Busybox app from Play Store: BusyBox - Apps on Google Play

You will be greeted with the Install BusyBox screen. Simply click Install to install busybox

1609353834263.png

A message will show it was successful. If not, select a different installation location and try install again

Open Lucky Patcher

Click "Toolbox" at the bottom

Image 2020 01 10 19 10 22.png

Click Patch to Android

Image 2020 01 10 19 10 27.png

Check Signature Verification status always true and Disable .apk Signature Verfication and click Apply.

Image 2020 01 10 19 10 33.png

Reboot the system if asked. If it gets stuck, let it stuck for a minute and reboot

Now check if the patches are applied. Open Lucky Patcher -> Toolbox -> Patch to Android
If both are patched, that's good.
To be able to install unsigned APK or signed APK over the original, check the 3rd patch Disable signature verification in the package manager

Image 2020 01 10 19 11 58.png

Reboot your device again to apply the patches

Steps for Magisk root:
Download Busybox for Android NDK from Magisk Manager app

1609353940542.png

Click on the blue down arrow to install, and reboot to apply this module

Open Lucky Patcher

Click "Toolbox" at the bottom

Image 2020 01 10 19 10 22.png

Click Patch to Android

Image 2020 01 10 19 10 27.png

Check all 3 patches, check "Use the Magisk module to apply the patch", and click Apply. Reboot your deivce

Screenshot_20201227-154410.png

Sometimes Disable signature verification in the package manager does not mark (patch applied), that's fine

WARNING: On some new devices or those running Android 11, the 2 patches above will be greyed out, this means your device is not compatible with those patches.

Screenshot_20210528-172255.png

In this case, use Xposed method if you want 2 patches applied How to disable signature verification to install unsigned APK (Xposed/EdXposed method) (Lucky Patcher) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Do not forget uninstall the patch module before updating your ROM firmware. Otherwise, there may be Bootloop

Run test for patch
Click RUN TEST FOR PATCH. This test is only for 3rd patch!

Screenshot_20201227-155829.png

If all test successful, everything is good now

Image 1609360631.png

Now you can install the unsigned modded apk

Enjoy!

Warning:
Android 11 has extra security which may prevent you from logging in with Play Games even you installed unsigned APK. If this is the case, please use VM apps instead List of Android Virtual Machine apps for Android devices - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

If you can't install unsigned APK, please try one of the following

Due to the fact that Lucky Patcher's signature bypass is outdated, you may not be able to install unsigned APK, instead you can try Install signed APK on top of original version without having to uninstall it. Your save data will be intact and Google login will still work until you reboot your device. Some games still logged in as Google even after it doesn't work, but don't log out because you can't login again until you install original APK

You can try CorePatch instead but requires Xposed/LSPosed

Root not detected?:
If you only see 'back' and 'remove all saved purchases' like this:

1595276044144.png

Open settings, Force set root check -> Check "Force set root mode" and restart LP

Image 1595154744.png

Uninstalling:
For normal root with Superuser or SuperSU:
Open Toolbox -> Patch to Android. Select Remove all patches from core.jar and Apply and reboot.
Open Toolbox -> Patch to Android again. Select Remove all patches from services.jar and Apply and reboot again

1609412010024.png

For Magisk root: Open Magisk Manager app and uninstall the module Patches to Android (Lucky Patcher Module)

Screenshot_20201227-212918.png

Credits:
AndnixSH (for creating this tutorial)
ChelpuS (for creating Lucky Patcher)

Attachments

Last edited:

abetamaya

Platinian
Oct 21, 2017
I did all those steps but i still cant install the unsigned apk. My phone rooted with magisk
All patch applied, busybox installed. Here some of the screenshot

Dongcoi

Platinian
Sep 12, 2017
Hi admin..my phone android 9 pie..i root and have all patches..but i can't install unsigned apk..it say cant install..how can fix it..pls

theosid

Platinian
Jun 5, 2017
lucky patcher does not seem to work on 9.0 use virtualexposed works perfectly. cheers

Miko25

Rookie
Nov 16, 2018
France
Sais possible de mètre a jour le tuto.puisque avec la nouvelle version de lucky patcher,est android 9 pie sa ne marche pas quan on veut installer un apk unsigned merci

GoGoDC28

Solid & Active Platinian
Mar 30, 2019
Indonesia
VMOS works on my Vivo V9 pro OS 8.1. After patched successfully by LP, only 2 problems appeared:
1. Overwriting original with mod apk, the game starts from zero even mod works.
2. Online FPS games like MSO won’t let me login into Google account.

Did I missed something here?
Thanks for the tutorial ?

Tags
android disable .apk signature verfication google play games google play services implementation lucky patcher microg unsigned apk virtualxposed vmos