This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Help! How to find target function offset from bare .so library, asphalt 9

mino260806

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
Tunisia
Game: Asphalt 9
Engine: custom engine from gameloft
Goal: trying to reverse network communication, so I can connect with the server and do actions without opening the game

What I found so far:
Blue: server
Red: client

When client connects to the server, server sends a certain "nonce", which apparently is used by client to encrypt access_token and send it.
How I found this ? Reproducing the same client request gets a "incorrect nonce in access_token" response from the server, because it sent me a different nonce.

From that on I set up to find the code in the game that encrypts the access_token so I can reproduce the encryption, and that's where I'm stuck.
What I tried:
- dumping objdump -d libAsphalt9.so and looking through code but the library is huge (170mb) and doesn't contain any readable symbol
- using Frida API to hook some libc.so functions (sendmsg, strlen), this method actually yielded a a function offset that gets called when client is crafting the response with access_token, but what's next ? (Setting a breakpoint on that offset in gdb makes the TCP connection timeout with only the first server message being received).

TLDR
I have a function offset that gets called somewhere before the target encryption function offset but I don't know how to retrace it to the encryption function because all symbols are stripped!