This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Help! How to hook bool method

oh I see. I'm just curious about how to use updates in other classes. Have you ever used the PurulianCheaterz Offset Tester?

Ouh, I'm just curious how to do a hook using update in another class. like the one on the Purulian offset tester
Easy, here are some examples...

1)
C++:
void (*old_PlayerController_Update)(void *instance);
void PlayerController_Update(void *instance) {
    if(instance!=nullptr) {
        if(Example1) {
            SpeedBoost(instance, 9999);
        }
    }
    old_PlayerController_Update(instance);
}

2)
C++:
void (*old_PlayerCamera_FixedUpdate)(void *instance);
void PlayerCamera_FixedUpdate(void *instance) {
    if(instance!=nullptr) {
        if(Example2) {
            *(float *) ((uint64_t) instance + 0x4C) = 10.0;
        }
    }
    old_PlayerCamera_FixedUpdate(instance);
}

Then under hackthread...
C++:
HOOK("0x747C2D", PlayerController_Update, old_PlayerController_Update);

HOOK("0x7411CD", PlayerCamera_FixedUpdate, old_PlayerCamera_FixedUpdate);

Reactions: BrokeBroky
Isn't an instance pointer needed to access another class? In which games does this work, can you name at least one game, and the necessary offsets? I imagined a situation where in classCurrency there is an int field coins 0x10, but there is no update method in this class, but Update is in classMoney (these classes are obviously similar), but in classMoney there is already a field with an offset of 0x10 (for example, string TypeName 0x10), or there is no field with an offset of 0x10 at all, then how will the value of the int coins field in the classCurrency change if using update from classMoney? It's unclear.
Thank you in advance for the clarification

My examples are just showing how to use more than one update hook, not how to use an update from a different class when there's no update in the class you're hooking field offsets from. For that yes you do need an instance pointer