Solved How to hook field offset with no update function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazerTexz

Platinian
Original poster
May 17, 2020
the void
I want to hook a bool field offset but the class doesn't have any update function, and there is no classes it uses that have reference to it that have a update function. Well there is one class that have reference to it and have a update function but it only works when on "Project Mode", so it won't works for normal gameplay.

Class i'm trying to hook: public class GameMaster : MonoBehavior // TypeDefindex: 4086
Field offset i'm trying to hook: public bool Invincibility; // 0x2D
The only class that have a reference to it and have a update function but doesn't work as i stated before is: Public class ProjectMaster : MonoBehavior // TypeDefindex: 4164

If there is no solution to this problem then i will use game guardian, but thanks for reading and i hope u have a good day.

Reactions: nowhere_222
Jun 14, 2023
North America
From my experience, you would have to manually test each function to find the correct one. You could start by hooking the "Awake" or "OnEnable" function. However, there is no guarantee it will work with every class

Reactions: RazerTexz

RazerTexz

Platinian
Original poster
May 17, 2020
the void
Try to find other methods where a class with this value is used and hook up.
I already figured it out a couple weeks ago by using the awake function within the class and get its instance and then use the instance in my function update that uses another update offset from another class. But thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.