Tutorial How to remove root detection from APK file (Smali modding in noob way)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Note: I made this tutorial since 2015, it was the noobest way to edit smalis without any knowledge. This is not for all apps, it basically gives you idea how very simple root detections can be removed in smalis. Advanced root detection can be in libs too and may be harder to bypass. I will not cover that

How to remove root detection from the APK file:
Download any APK tool of your choice

2. Install Notepad++ or other text editors that support searching through all files

3. Decompile an APK file

4. Open Notepad++, click on “Search” -> “Find in files…”

Ou8pch9.png

5. Go to the path where the APK has been decompiled, and choose “smali”. Click “OK”

fVkNnB6.png

6. Search the following keywords and click “Search”

Superuser
Supersu
/system/app/Superuser.apk
/data/local
/data/local/bin
/data/local/xbin
/sbin
/system/bin
/system/sd/xbin
/system/xbin
/system/bin/failsafe
/vendor/bin
/su

KKALpB7.png

5dU9hq0.png

7. You will see the result. Double click on line to open up the choosen smali file.

fDaH5Yg.png

8. Modify the string to whatever you want. Example: “com.donotdetectme”, “imnotrooted” and so enter code hereon.

HAjUrnz.png

9. Open the APK tool, select the APK and recompile + resign the APK file

10. Install it on your rooted device and enjoy

Last edited:

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
It is not a modern app. But anyways they had in few smali folders a protection.
You were reading this noob tutorial I made 7 years ago, back in the time I had 0 knowledge in smalis. I want to be clear that this is not for all apps, it basically gives you idea how root detections can be removed. Root detection can be in libs too and may be harder to bypass. I will not cover that.

sukywest

Platinian
May 25, 2023
仮か想そうの鬼き神
You were reading this noob tutorial I made 7 years ago, back in the time I had 0 knowledge in smalis. I want to be clear that this is not for all apps, it basically gives you idea how root detections can be removed. Root detection can be in libs too and may be harder to bypass. I will not cover that.
Okay, thank you for your replay.