Tutorial How to root Virtual Master & install Xposed

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Virtual Master - Android Clone app does not have switches to turn on root and Xposed in settings, but there is a secret way to root and install xposed easly. This is intended to avoid the violation of the terms of service of Play Store I think. The developer has told peoples in Telegram Group to do this way.

If you want to report bugs or freature request, please send feedback to the developer via Virtual Master app (For you > Feedback), or join the official Telegram group Virtual Master. I can't offer you with support since I don't use Virtual Master as a daily driver

How to import to root VM & install Xposed
First, download Superuser, Magisk or Xposed Installer to your physical device

Magisk (Android 7.1.2 & 9.0): Releases · topjohnwu/Magisk
Superuser APK (Android 5.1.1 & 7.1.2): Download Superuser 1.0.3.0 Android APK File
Xposed Installer (Android 5.1.1 & 7.1.2): Download Xposed Installer 3.1.5 for Android | Uptodown.com

Warning:
Never try to install the APK directly inside VM, because it won't work. Instead, import the app via "Add Apps"
Do NOT use Superuser and Magisk at the same time

Open Virtual Master app and start your VM

Open Add apps

Screenshot_20230511-230925.png

At the right-bottom, click on the plus icon

Screenshot_20230511-230943.png

Select the APK file as mentioned above (Superuser, Magisk or Xposed Installer). I'm using X-plore app to select file

Screenshot_20230603-183034.png

VM will detect it and ask to restart VM, click Confirm to restart

Screenshot_20230511-231006.png

After restarting, the VM will be automatically rooted if you imported Superuser or Magisk APK. Follow the same excat steps again if you want to install Xposed. The Xposed framework would also be automatically installed if you imported it

Here is my results when I rooted VM and installed Xposed:

Magisk installed on Android 7.1.2

Screenshot_20230603-220558.png

Superuser installed on Android 7.1.2. No missing SU binary prompt

Screenshot_20230603-221052.png

Xposed activated on Android 7.1.2

Screenshot_20230511-231200.png

How to uninstall Superuser, Magisk or Xposed
Open VM settings

Screenshot_20230511-230839.png

The switches will appear if rooted or Xposed installed. Turn them off

Screenshot_20230511-231207.png

Screenshot_20230603-213355.png

If you turn it off, the switches will disappear after you exit the VM Settings. You would have to import again if you want to enable them

Attachments

Last edited:

Sanz Tes

Platinian
Apr 13, 2023
Girona
For some reason, the root does not work quite correctly: Game Guardian does not change the values in game
Used Virtual Master v.3.1.30
My OS: miui 14, android 12

Reactions: Rhoy Delmo

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
For some reason, the root does not work quite correctly: Game Guardian does not change the values in game
Used Virtual Master v.3.1.30
My OS: miui 14, android 12
You can send feedback to the developer via app (For you > Feedback), or join the official Telegram group Virtual Master

Sanz Tes

Platinian
Apr 13, 2023
Girona
You can send feedback to the developer via app (For you > Feedback), or join the official Telegram group Virtual Master
I'm not sure that this is reasonable, given the way the root is obtained. Perhaps this problem will not happen if you activate the root as the author of the program intended. I just voiced the problem that can be encountered using this method. And thanks for sharing the tutorial.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I'm not sure that this is reasonable, given the way the root is obtained. Perhaps this problem will not happen if you activate the root as the author of the program intended. I just voiced the problem that can be encountered using this method. And thanks for sharing the tutorial.
This hidden way is intended, the developer has told peoples in Telegram to do this way. I think it is to avoid violation of the terms of service of Play Store.
So sending feedback is reasonable instead in here.

Reactions: yhhalp

cwassman

Rookie
Dec 8, 2023
Hello everyone. I am new to android VM's. Using Virtual Master and am very happy with it.
Is it possible for the VM to use the phone dialer of the VM? My goal is to use phone recorder that requires root. My phone itself is not rooted, but the VM is. Thanks!

TheRebo

Platinian
Oct 18, 2021
In Earth ;)
Hi @AndnixSH !. Umm... First of all I know this should be asked to the developer, but while waiting for a reply I would like to ask you for a solution, because I see you are quite experienced in Virtual Machines. So I get the error as shown in the picture, this error occurs in some games on Virtual Master Android 9, is there any way to fix this error?. Thank you in advance!
Screenshot_2023-12-18-18-08-02-224_com.clone.android.dual.space.jpg

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Hi @AndnixSH !. Umm... First of all I know this should be asked to the developer, but while waiting for a reply I would like to ask you for a solution, because I see you are quite experienced in Virtual Machines. So I get the error as shown in the picture, this error occurs in some games on Virtual Master Android 9, is there any way to fix this error?. Thank you in advance! View attachment 584745
Maybe it's using Vulkan rendering that is not compatible with Virtual master? Afaik no VM support Vulkan yet

TheRebo

Platinian
Oct 18, 2021
In Earth ;)
Maybe it's using Vulkan rendering that is not compatible with Virtual master? Afaik no VM support Vulkan yet
Thank you for your reply! I have found the problem, it turns out that it can happen because I "Import App" installed on my device. So it can be resolved if I Import the App from the APK file or install it directly in the VM.

Reactions: AndnixSH

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Thank you for your reply! I have found the problem, it turns out that it can happen because I "Import App" installed on my device. So it can be resolved if I Import the App from the APK file or install it directly in the VM.
Glad you have solved that. I missed out "couldn't find libmain.so" from the screenshot lol. that explains that APK wasn't installed properly

Reactions: TheRebo

cutepolarbear

Awesome Active Platinian
Jun 10, 2018
USA
does lucky patcher (patch to android) work on this? I have android 7.1.2 SU, but it hangs on waiting dialog after selecting patch to android. thanks.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
does lucky patcher (patch to android) work on this? I have android 7.1.2 SU, but it hangs on waiting dialog after selecting patch to android. thanks.
Yes. Just reboot if it hangs forever, it should be already patched

cutepolarbear

Awesome Active Platinian
Jun 10, 2018
USA
Yes. Just reboot if it hangs forever, it should be already patched
odd, I have latest lucky patcher on android 7.1.2 SU, definitely rooted. after clicking on patch to android (before reaching options selections page), it just have dialog of Please wait..., and hangs there forever. (there's also brief popup saying Super user granted to (random LP install name)).