Solved I need help with il2cpp modding values!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seto36

Platinian
Feb 20, 2020
China
well the game I want to modify has a protection in the lib, not when it is dumped in it, in itself the protection of the game in the lib causes that when you modify and replace it, when entering the game it gives an error message, the game what I say is the block strike, do you know this type of protection?
Try mshook, some game check their method if it's tampered or not, if you lucky they will only apply this check on 1 or 2 hackable part or method like get method that return a value.
But ofcourse, there is also some games that detect injection of library which is the main way of mshook and memory patching.

losteri

Platinian
Feb 23, 2019
Brazil
Try mshook, some game check their method if it's tampered or not, if you lucky they will only apply this check on 1 or 2 hackable part or method like get method that return a value.
But ofcourse, there is also some games that detect injection of library which is the main way of mshook and memory patching.
this is a curious fact, i never heard of mshook, but i will try, because the method i want to modify is lib, but as a game it has protection and the error when entering the game with a modification in lib is difficult.

seto36

Platinian
Feb 20, 2020
China
this is a curious fact, i never heard of mshook, but i will try, because the method i want to modify is lib, but as a game it has protection and the error when entering the game with a modification in lib is difficult.
If modifying lib that you mention was hardpatch that lib using HxD and save it, this kind of protection would be easy to bypass, just look for that protection's method and patch it. (bx lr for v7a or ret for 64bit).
Doing this modding or reverse engineering thing need a lot of patience and work depending on the game itself.
Btw using mshook isn't some kind of bypassing protection, it would be more like avoiding the protection using another wat to mod so this one like an undetect way to modding since a lot of game didn't protect this kind of area.

losteri

Platinian
Feb 23, 2019
Brazil
If modifying lib that you mention was hardpatch that lib using HxD and save it, this kind of protection would be easy to bypass, just look for that protection's method and patch it. (bx lr for v7a or ret for 64bit).
Doing this modding or reverse engineering thing need a lot of patience and work depending on the game itself.
Btw using mshook isn't some kind of bypassing protection, it would be more like avoiding the protection using another wat to mod so this one like an undetect way to modding since a lot of game didn't protect this kind of area.
you have discord? for better contact. my is Ironia#6460

Myster_1086

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 23, 2019
United States
Man I'm lost. So I hope this is right place to ask.
Dumped the il2cpp, opened dump file in notepad++ and the libraries in netreflector. Here's my trouble, I know how to find everything, but there are many drop downs with same kinds of things. Then when I search offset, in Hxd the thing on right side that is readable, says the same thing as in netreflector, another offset.
What am I not doing right? And why are there 3 offsets in most things. RVP, offset and one other. I know the game can be modded, it's on the site lol. Trying to learn, for a harder game that's pure server sided.

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Man I'm lost. So I hope this is right place to ask.
Dumped the il2cpp, opened dump file in notepad++ and the libraries in netreflector. Here's my trouble, I know how to find everything, but there are many drop downs with same kinds of things. Then when I search offset, in Hxd the thing on right side that is readable, says the same thing as in netreflector, another offset.
What am I not doing right? And why are there 3 offsets in most things. RVP, offset and one other. I know the game can be modded, it's on the site lol. Trying to learn, for a harder game that's pure server sided.
First, stop using net reflector and switch to dnSpy.
Net Reflector was a thing back in 2017/2018

Second: Only the offset matter for you.
The way:

take any game
dump the game with libil2cpp.so dumper ( when it's libil2cpp.so logicly )
put the dummydlls in dnspy
search for any stuff you like
click on the method
copy the offset
load the libil2cpp.so file into hxd
press ctrl + G and paste your offset in, remove the "0x" or you will get an error
Mod the method where the cursor jumps in with any Hex code you need/like.

Reactions: Myster_1086

Myster_1086

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 23, 2019
United States

The way:

take any game
click on the method
copy the offset
press ctrl + G and paste your offset in, remove the "0x" or you will get an error
Man I like you that's actually easier than the tutorial. Thank you. I like dnspy better so it's cool

Reactions: DaRealPanDa

Myster_1086

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 23, 2019
United States

The way:

take any game
click on the method
copy the offset
Hey one more, you mentioned the method, is that the thing I should look for? I put in the search for something and put show only method, I'm sorry for noob questions. And for hex I can look it up

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Hey one more, you mentioned the method, is that the thing I should look for? I put in the search for something and put show only method, I'm sorry for noob questions. And for hex I can look it up
Yeah for any method like "Damage", "gold", "Health", "currency" and so on. Then you have to find the right one. No one can say you which one is the right one, modding is trial and error.

losteri

Platinian
Feb 23, 2019
Brazil
i don't use that kind of app, and i'm kinda lazy to mod, that's why i came here.
just do a lot of experiment, just search for hack/cheat/detect method name in DnSpy.
it's kind of hard to do this because I never saw a protection like this from block strike, but I think the protection itself checks the file size or something

losteri

Platinian
Feb 23, 2019
Brazil
i don't use that kind of app, and i'm kinda lazy to mod, that's why i came here.
just do a lot of experiment, just search for hack/cheat/detect method name in DnSpy.
do you have any source code written in C ++ for compilation with the Read / Write Memory function for injecting code into the game's memory?

Myster_1086

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 23, 2019
United States
Yeah for any method like "Damage", "gold", "Health", "currency" and so on. Then you have to find the right one. No one can say you which one is the right one, modding is trial and error.
I can find them well lol, thing is from there is my problem. I was going after tapjoy, thinking I can decompile apk that I want to mod, find out all relevant to tapjoy, looking thru SDK tells you what you need to know, write up a script using info. Intercept in Charles proxy and send account rewards. But that is easier for me to get the grasp of. How do you know in the hex that you modify do you know what to change. Idk hex in the slightest

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
I can find them well lol, thing is from there is my problem. I was going after tapjoy, thinking I can decompile apk that I want to mod, find out all relevant to tapjoy, looking thru SDK tells you what you need to know, write up a script using info. Intercept in Charles proxy and send account rewards. But that is easier for me to get the grasp of. How do you know in the hex that you modify do you know what to change. Idk hex in the slightest
We use a Hex to ARM/ARM64/x86 Converter and basic Assembler Instructions.
Like ADD, SUB, PUSH ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.