I want to learn how advance hackers work!

Geboy

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Singapore
Can anyone tell me about hacking, from begginer to advance. I want to learn more i've been hacking games for 5 years now but im stuck as a begginer if i cant hack a game all i do is find a mod of it or lua script. I want to know how modders hack a game like it is just a piece of cake.

Glazed420x

Platinian
Jan 1, 2021
Usa
If you really want to Learn you will have to practice the questions you have you should search on this site if no answer create your own post..many of people love to help and share their answers..Start here Platinmods tutorials. If you just ask with out trying to find the answer your self you will not discover how to think for your self..Good luck happy modding!!

Viên tịnh

Platinian
Oct 17, 2019
Viet nam
I think your talking about modding, not hacking. Modding in computer terms, essentially means to modify binary data or code. If you we're not talking about modding, and were really talking about hacking, then so be it. The subject of literal computer hacking delves into some deep dark corners. If you truly wish to learn, I will give you some brief info about what it is and some key points if you keep reading.

WARNING: This will get you started on learning, and if you do learn, you will be tempted to do considerably bad things as you will have the skills to.

- Hacking is only illegal under certain circumstances -
An important thing I want to throw out there it that, some people hold on to the belief of the fact that hacking is illegal. Most hacking operations are not illegal in any way, the only property that can make them illegal is what you are performing them on, for example if you gain access to a bank system via hacking and take money that you are unauthorized to do so, this would be an illegal action.

- Types of Hackers -
I want to summarize the 3 types of common hackers.

1. Grey Hat Hackers
These are hackers who carry out illegal hacking activities to display their skills instead of achieving personal gain.

2. Black Hat Hackers
These hackers illegally break into computers and cause harm by destroying or stealing data. For instance, breaking into a banking system to steal money for personal or organizational gain (Like I stated above).

3. White Hat Hacker
These hackers make use of their skills to help enterprises develop robust computer systems and help counter cyber-security threats.

I would say that I'm personally a mix between a grey hat and a white hat hacker, as I love to use my computer skills to help others, but also to show off my skills along the way (as anyone would want to do).

Knowing the types of hackers isn't essential information to acknowledge, however, If your interested in the subject, anything about it is fun to know.

-Types of Hacking Attacks -
This is the heart of hacking, the different hacking attacks. I will not be able to cover them all here. New types of hacking attacks are created every day and catorgarized differently. I will cover my personal favorites, and most dangerous or harmful.

1. Brute Force Attack
A brute-force attack consists of the hacker submitting many passwords or passphrases with the hope of eventually guessing a combination correctly. The hacker systematically checks all possible passwords and passphrases until the correct one is found. A brute-force attack can be done manually, or more commonly, done with a program that is coded to do brute-force and the hacker will enter a target.

2. Phishing Attack
A phishing attack is where the hacker attempts to obtain sensitive information or data, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details or other sensitive details, by impersonating oneself as a trustworthy entity in a digital communication. The way that the hackers typically does this, is clones a webpage looking identical to the original, and gets a user to enter their information into said webpage.

3. DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Attack
In computing, a denial-of-service attack is a cyber-attack in which the hacker seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting services of a host connected to the Internet. The way this works is the hacker overflows the given networks server with online traffic causing it to shut down. This is typically done via a botnet, which is pretty much an army of robots programmed to visit a site (LOL) or interact with an element on a site repeatedly, until the server shuts down.

- Skills Needed to Even Attempt Hacking Anything -
@Geboy, I've written this entire thing for you, and I know hacking is exciting, I hate to rain on your parade, but it takes years to be a elite hacker. This will be the last segment of my short summary. Here, look at some of the basic skills that I've written down that every hacker should be aware of before even trying to execute a hack that:

• Networking Skills
    Before becoming a hacker, you will have to understand the basics of networking, such as the following:
    • NAT
    • DHCP
    • Public v Private IP
    • DNS
    • Subnetting
    • IPv4
    • IPv6
    • MAC addressing
    • ARP
    • Routers and switches
    • VLANs
    • OSI model
  • Basic Computer Skills
    It is obvious that to become a hacker you need some basic computer skills. These skills go beyond the potential to develop a Word document or cruise all over the Internet. You should be capable of using the CMD and PowerShell in Windows, set up your networking parameters, and edit the registry. Many of these fundamental skills can be attained through a basic computer skills course like A+.
  • Web Applications
    In recent years, web applications are undoubtedly the most productive ground for hackers. Hackers become more and more successful in their attacks when they increase their understanding about how web applications work and the databases behind these applications. Furthermore, a hacker (You) will probably have to build your own website for phishing and several other despicable purposes.
  • Learning about Programming
    You will need to learn about programming, which is considered to be a vital step. A variety of software programs are now available that make hacking easier, however, if you want to know how it is done, you will definitely need to have basic knowledge about programming. This includes PHP, HTML, JavaScript, and several other programming languages.
  • Virtualization
    To become a hacker, you need to become an expert in using a virtualization software package(s). You will need a safe environment to practice your hacks prior to launching them out in the real world. A virtual environment provides you with a safe environment that is ideal for testing and refining your hacks before going live with them.
  • Security Concepts and Technologies
    You will have to be able to understand security concepts and technologies. The only way to overcome the obstructions established by the security admins is to become familiar with them. You must have knowledge about public key infrastructure (PKI), secure sockets layer (SSL), firewalls, intrusion detection system (IDS), etc.
By equipping yourself with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for hacking, you now possess the potential to develop sophisticated hacking techniques to destroy your websites and steal all your personal and sensitive data like credit card details, user passwords, confidential business data, etc. To protect your website from hackers you thus need a good web security tool capable of detecting and even preventing hacking attacks through malware etc.

Thanks for reading, @Geboy, I hoped I was able to teach you what you desired. It was just a brief summary and it probably feels like falling in lava as it's only a fragment of the information involving the subject in general.

Most of this article was copied and pasted from an original post that I wrote in the general forums.
Can you teach me some?

Reactions: Kimi011

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
I made the difference clear above, and isn't this a general forum? We can converse about whatever we want right? If it's a problem I'll take it down. Let me know.
I was referring to the title or to the original poster which he thinks that the modders are hackers. Hackers and Modders are different, though.

Reactions: Markex101

xNETD0WNx

Platinian
Apr 17, 2022
ROOTED
There's a major difference between hackers and modders the both of them are merged together in the gaming world for some stupid reason and it's kinda annoying to me because I'm studying cyber security and Modding and hacking have nothing in common but programming and Modding go side by side and I think thats where it confuses people because hacking and programming go side by side too.