Help! Issues with mod installation

Rakl

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
France
Hey,
I've started learning how to mod not long ago (today) :face03:
I've modified my first mod (changed the hex in the libil2cpp.so), saved and copied back the .so into the apk.
The thing is now, my mod won't install (even on a rooted and patched device) so I don't know what would be the problem, signature maybe ?
If someone could help me with that, it would be awesome.

Last edited:

Erudus

2/3 Games Approved
Oct 3, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
It could be signature problems but if your device is rooted and patched, it should install without a signature. Try signing it and give that a go, if it doesn't work then it could be something to do with the files you edited.

For signing an apk, you can use a few different tools.

For PC you can use ApkTool (I think it's called easy apk tool) or zipsigner (think that's it's name)

If you'd prefer to use your phone to sign it, use an app called apk editor Pro (find a free version from a website as it's a paid app) as that can sign apks on your phone

Hope this helps!

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Send me the Apk and i will see if i have the same issue.

Upload the Apk here:
Zippyshare

Erudus

2/3 Games Approved
Oct 3, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
One thing to point out though, if you've only just started to mod, doing il2cpp modding is probably not the best place to start. Dll hacking is much easier to learn and there are loads of guides on this site too

Rakl

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
France
Yes I've noticed that, I'll do dll before to practice.

The thing I don't understand is that compile takes sooo long. I don't know if it's supposed to take more than 1 hour or if there's just something wrong.

Erudus

2/3 Games Approved
Oct 3, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Which program do you use? I use APK Easy Tool and it doesn't take anywhere near an hour to decompile/recompile an APK. PM me if you get into any difficulties when trying to dll hack and I'll see if I can help :)