Only For Feedback

LesterSync

New On The Block
Feb 21, 2019
Russia
Well, the first log in was certanly... nostalgic. It's been somewhere around 4 years before i got to play low rate server, so, spoiled by NovaRo and Shining Moon, the "culture shock" was something that definitely hit me hard. So, here go my impressions (not in chronological order):

1. No "Warper" NPCs. Personally, I'm not bothered much - that bring back value to Acos' and Priests' teleportation spells. The convenience of teleporting directly to the dungeon (to the desired floor on Shining Moon) is something that people of other servers are too accustomed to, however, so some might be disappointed.

2. Lack of basic customisation. That is not something I adore - swiping color pallets at Stylist NPC is the first thing i do when i log into the server. I don't mind if it would cost zeny, simple pallete swaps bring more individuality and attachment to the character.

3. The tutoreal location is back! Man, that hit me right in my nostalgia spot... Please, don't remove it!

4. Misleading item descriptions. The starting weapon's (bow's, in my case) description has NPC navigation that leads to a blank spot. Well, that's standart everywhere i go, so no problems here. Not hard to get rid of, and sertanly not a mistake of higher priority, can be dealt with when polishing the server.

5. No "Tool" Merchants near the warp spots. Or other supplementary equipment NPCs. Good. I'm sick of having to neglect the existence of vendor NPCs because everything can be bought at 1 spot in every town.

6.1x drop rates. I have a lot of memories of times long forgotten when people had to resort to grinding wolves and snakes to get strawberries because no SP restoratives were openly vended out. As i see it, low droprates, when combined with lack of vendors with better alternative on sale, will stabilise player economy and bring value to items neglected on high rates servers. Most won't agree, though, cause no one likes to grind...

I'll stay here till i get 99/50 and will report more things as they come.

Reactions: BoneJard and Jasmur

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
Well, the first log in was certanly... nostalgic. It's been somewhere around 4 years before i got to play low rate server, so, spoiled by NovaRo and Shining Moon, the "culture shock" was something that definitely hit me hard. So, here go my impressions (not in chronological order):

1. No "Warper" NPCs. Personally, I'm not bothered much - that bring back value to Acos' and Priests' teleportation spells. The convenience of teleporting directly to the dungeon (to the desired floor on Shining Moon) is something that people of other servers are too accustomed to, however, so some might be disappointed.

2. Lack of basic customisation. That is not something I adore - swiping color pallets at Stylist NPC is the first thing i do when i log into the server. I don't mind if it would cost zeny, simple pallete swaps bring more individuality and attachment to the character.

3. The tutoreal location is back! Man, that hit me right in my nostalgia spot... Please, don't remove it!

4. Misleading item descriptions. The starting weapon's (bow's, in my case) description has NPC navigation that leads to a blank spot. Well, that's standart everywhere i go, so no problems here. Not hard to get rid of, and sertanly not a mistake of higher priority, can be dealt with when polishing the server.

5. No "Tool" Merchants near the warp spots. Or other supplementary equipment NPCs. Good. I'm sick of having to neglect the existence of vendor NPCs because everything can be bought at 1 spot in every town.

6.1x drop rates. I have a lot of memories of times long forgotten when people had to resort to grinding wolves and snakes to get strawberries because no SP restoratives were openly vended out. As i see it, low droprates, when combined with lack of vendors with better alternative on sale, will stabilise player economy and bring value to items neglected on high rates servers. Most won't agree, though, cause no one likes to grind...

I'll stay here till i get 99/50 and will report more things as they come.
An awesome feedback, thank you so much for that! Of course this will help me a lot on future changes coming ^_^ And in one point we are definitely soul brothers, the academy tutorial was the biggest shit I have ever seen, I had to go back to the classic one and this will never change! And I appreciate a lot that you have seen the sense in the drop rates, I want people to fight for them items and value them, be happy to have them.
About some translation bugs they will be smoothed out with time more and more. To be able to run the newest files of that game it had to be the korean version which was translated manually by just one guy (called Zack and I have the deepest respect for him), the translations will get better with every day =) As well I will care on some more NPCs making the life easier (with customization of course!), but not too easy ;-) I hope I master successfully the belance act between nostalgia and original classics with the time =)

Reactions: Jasmur

mysterai

Aug 26, 2017
Sir can you put small client download? I got clean RO files so it'd be nice if I don't have to download it all.

LesterSync

New On The Block
Feb 21, 2019
Russia
Okay, got my Arch to a Hunter just now, ready for the next portion of feedback.

1. Lack of custom commands. And i don't mean things like @go or @autoloot, these won't be missed. But @noks, @whodrops, @whereis will be greatly appreciated. "No kill steal" especially - had a few brushes with some swordsman in the orc dungeon and an archer in the orc village.

2. No universal renter NPC. I'm kinda in doubt about this - getting a falcon flute or warg flute brings little discomfort and carts are provided by kafra. Mado gear and Mounts, however, will be annoying to backtrack to if the next point will be implemented.

3. No Stat/Skill reset NPC. This is the feature greatly appreciated universally - the convenience of not dragging a WoE or PVP build through leveling is immesurable, as is the pleasure of experimenting with different stat modifiers. Please, don't neglect this feature, it makes private servers one step ahead of officials.

4. No healer NPC. Not everyone has a desire to keep an Bish/Sorc in a second window for HP/SP restoration. SItting and wasting time is not fun. Of course, it shouldn't provide full buffs, soul lilnks and status cures - bishes must not be stripped of their forte completely.

5. The server has Renewal Leveling System. And that is bad. Having a drop-rate and experience penalty applied for not fitting in a fixed level range is infuriating. That system doesnt reward risk, prolongs level grind, penalises farming and makes hunting some items a torture. Pre-Renewal Leveling System is universally apreciated for the lack of these issues.

That's it for now. Below are suggestions for possible future features of the server. Feel free to skip if you don't want to examine them.
Hidden content

** You must be signed up and reply to the thread or click 'Like' under this post before you can see the hidden links contained here. **

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
Okay, got my Arch to a Hunter just now, ready for the next portion of feedback.

1. Lack of custom commands. And i don't mean things like @go or @autoloot, these won't be missed. But @noks, @whodrops, @whereis will be greatly appreciated. "No kill steal" especially - had a few brushes with some swordsman in the orc dungeon and an archer in the orc village.

2. No universal renter NPC. I'm kinda in doubt about this - getting a falcon flute or warg flute brings little discomfort and carts are provided by kafra. Mado gear and Mounts, however, will be annoying to backtrack to if the next point will be implemented.

3. No Stat/Skill reset NPC. This is the feature greatly appreciated universally - the convenience of not dragging a WoE or PVP build through leveling is immesurable, as is the pleasure of experimenting with different stat modifiers. Please, don't neglect this feature, it makes private servers one step ahead of officials.

4. No healer NPC. Not everyone has a desire to keep an Bish/Sorc in a second window for HP/SP restoration. SItting and wasting time is not fun. Of course, it shouldn't provide full buffs, soul lilnks and status cures - bishes must not be stripped of their forte completely.

5. The server has Renewal Leveling System. And that is bad. Having a drop-rate and experience penalty applied for not fitting in a fixed level range is infuriating. That system doesnt reward risk, prolongs level grind, penalises farming and makes hunting some items a torture. Pre-Renewal Leveling System is universally apreciated for the lack of these issues.

That's it for now. Below are suggestions for possible future features of the server. Feel free to skip if you don't want to examine them.
[Hidden content]
Another great help my friend, I have read it fully and appreciated, another cool guideline to know what to change best! Thank you very much ^_^! The skill and stat resetter is there, but only until level 49. I will improve that =)

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
@LesterSync

Minor changes has been applied:

1. Skill/Stats Reset NPC (without lvl cap) has been added
2. Stylist NPC has been added
3. Healing NPC without buffs has been added
4. Player can use now commands: @whodrops, whereis, noks
5. NOKS means NoKillSteal and avoid other players to kill your monster and gain the EXP quite before it dies. The block is set to 30 seconds.
6. Rare drops like cards will be announced now.
7. Multi Level Up is possible now (more important for events and the tutorial time)
8. Base EXP death penalty has been removed.
9. Job EXP death penalty has been removed.
10. Zeny death penalty has been removed.

Reactions: Koibito

LesterSync

New On The Block
Feb 21, 2019
Russia
Awesome work! And in less than an hour (according to time mark)!
As usual, I'll post here when I come up with something notorious. For now, thats all i have.
I'll poke around the gameworld for bugs tomorrow. As heavily customised as "Shining Moon" is, there were some bugs there that seemed to be from vanilla setup. Won't harm, i guess...

Reactions: G-Bo ッ

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
Awesome work! And in less than an hour (according to time mark)!
As usual, I'll post here when I come up with something notorious. For now, thats all i have.
I'll poke around the gameworld for bugs tomorrow. As heavily customised as "Shining Moon" is, there were some bugs there that seemed to be from vanilla setup. Won't harm, i guess...
You invest much time in testing, so its my pleasure to fix as fast as I can hehe, thanks again!

DaRealPanDa

Global Moderator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Germany
activate the command @showexp
and some other that does not interfere in the gameplay, that is only to see information
it would be nice when you say exactly which commands you want buddy :face16:

Shirvallah

Feb 20, 2019
Brasil
it would be nice when you say exactly which commands you want buddy :face16:
as Panda said, please list exactly the commands you want and why you want them
so
so I've been thinking about these commands, I put my personal considerations between ()
I hope you read and think about it if any command is beneficial

@commands - Displays a list of @commands available to the player.
(necessary with the addition of commands)

@whomap
[map] (optional) - Returns list of logged in characters with their position in a specifical map.
(I do not know if this command would be bad for the server profile, but it would be interesting to know who is uploading on the same map to maybe make a group)

@showexp - Displays/Hides Experience gained.
(visualize in the chat the xp received in number and percentage)

@rates - Displays the server's current rates.
(I do not think it is very necessary, but if someone wants to remember the server's rate without having to go to the site, it can be useful)

@time - Displays the current server time.
(interesting mainly for MVPs, as there will be people from various countries playing, help on the issue of the time zone)

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
so
so I've been thinking about these commands, I put my personal considerations between ()
I hope you read and think about it if any command is beneficial

@commands - Displays a list of @commands available to the player.
(necessary with the addition of commands)

@whomap
[map] (optional) - Returns list of logged in characters with their position in a specifical map.
(I do not know if this command would be bad for the server profile, but it would be interesting to know who is uploading on the same map to maybe make a group)

@showexp - Displays/Hides Experience gained.
(visualize in the chat the xp received in number and percentage)

@rates - Displays the server's current rates.
(I do not think it is very necessary, but if someone wants to remember the server's rate without having to go to the site, it can be useful)

@time - Displays the current server time.
(interesting mainly for MVPs, as there will be people from various countries playing, help on the issue of the time zone)
All commands are fine for me and has been added =)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mika Cybertron EXCLUSIVE ANDROID MODS BY PMT 10
A TUTORIALS 0
BMD4E ANDROID MODS BY APPROVED MODDERS 8
VinhThitLon EXCLUSIVE ANDROID MODS BY PMT 5
Mika Cybertron EXCLUSIVE ANDROID MODS BY PMT 44
BMD4E ANDROID PRIVATE SERVERS 72
G-Bo ッ PLATINMODS RO / PMTRO NEWS 62
AndnixSH EXCLUSIVE ANDROID MODS BY PMT 4
VinhThitLon GAMES DELETED ON PLAYSTORE (MAY STILL WORK) 43
Arsenal SHARED ANDROID MODS FROM EVERYWHERE 1
S ANDROID REQUEST SECTION 4