This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Help! Problems with Frida, Changing libil2cpp.so = game crashed

zxzxq34111

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 10, 2024
o/ all.

I was previously involved in modding only for windows games(mono, il2cpp) and used such tools as IDA, CheatEngine, DnSpy and Il2cppDumper. I was satisfied with everything, but I wanted to expand my knowledge and tried to create a cheat for a mobile game such as "Aeons Echo", I chose it not with a simple in the first place this game is not on the computer and it is available only in the browser or mobile version. I immediately dumped the offsets and +- crawled DnSpy and found what I want to change, I changed the method with the help of IDA Pro and threw back libil2cpp.so at the path /data/data/com.lfg.rp/lib/arm (from here I took it) and at startup the game does not want to work in any way. I thought ok and decided to check what would happen if I take the original .so file and change 1 byte, save the file and then change it back and save it and put this library in the same way, so I wanted to check if IDA itself broke the game or if I broke something or if there are some checks in the game that somehow notice the editing. As you understand it turned out to be the third option - the game sees the library replacement.

I thought okay, while I was looking for information, I also noticed that there is such a useful utility as "Frida", I decided to use it (Important note I used the Nox emulator). Initially, everything worked out for me, Frida was successfully installed and I tried to execute Il2Cpp.perform and that's essentially where I stopped. The lambda or anonymous method that I throw into this method is never called, which put me in a kind of stupor, at that time I had the android 7 32-bit version installed, I installed android 9 64-bit version and also put frida-server-arm64 on it, everything was just as successful it got up, but now, when starting any game, it instantly crashed, then I found out that I needed to tell Frida that I was using an emulator through this argument "--realm emulated", but either I broke something or else when launching the application, I got this "Waitinig For debugger" where it said that the application was waiting for the debugger to connect and offered to either close it immediately or, as I understand it, wait. I waited for a while, but in the end I didn't wait for anything, I also tried another emulator because I saw a similar thread here, LdPlayer was used there, I installed it, but there was the same problem with "Waitinig For debugger".

As a result, now I'm at a dead end, I can't figure out how to either use Frida or change the library using machine commands, of course editing through machine commands will be much easier because before that I only worked with assembler and here something similar but different.

I also want to say that the option to use an external device is not suitable for me because my main phone is an Iphone, I have an old android, but I still could not root it because Huawei blocked this opportunity for users (the phone model is Honor Play), so I need an option with an emulator.

P.S: I hope there is some person who can help me because I really want to develop myself in this field

nowhere_222

Just Crazy
Jul 29, 2022
Inner Peace 🕊️
The issue you are facing is simply protection, and you need to bypass it, if editing the lib or adding 1 byte to it = crash

It means the lib is protected with other stuff onto the APK such as smali code, or hidden in the assets files

Did you tried both lib arch? (32 and 64?)

If both are crashing, then you probably need to add a dummy mod menu (without any patching or hooks) to test if adding libs instead of editing is doable

Good luck on that path and also it's good to see you want to step up in the incomfort zone

Reactions: zxzxq34111

Raebydett

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 20, 2020
G
You just picked wrong game for starter this game previously can be mod but they changed lot stuff to server now