Solved Programming Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maveth

Platinian
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
I just want to ask what programming languages do you guys use in modding apps? I don't want to jump straight to tutorials without understanding what the codes mean.

MiloMr

Platinian
Jul 7, 2017
How about Python?
I have just started learning Python.
Or would you suggest starting Java?

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
Most games are having a C#, C++, XML and Java languages, u should start practicing java first then the c#

Reactions: florence09

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Modding Games is:

.dll based modding = c#
.so based modding = java & c++

So in general this 3 languages are the "main" languages here. But that isn't a limit, you can learn 20, 30, 40 Languages lol
It exit don't know 200 Program Languages or so xD

Reactions: HizroMxDz

Maveth

Platinian
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the specific answer.
So where does Assembly come in play here? Is it part of C++? I've only seen people using Assembly in creating scripts on Cheat Engine for PC games.

Modding Games is:

.dll based modding = c#
.so based modding = java & c++

So in general this 3 languages are the "main" languages here. But that isn't a limit, you can learn 20, 30, 40 Languages lol
It exit don't know 200 Program Languages or so xD

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Thanks for the specific answer.
So where does Assembly come in play here? Is it part of C++? I've only seen people using Assembly in creating scripts on Cheat Engine for PC games.
You mean Assembler and that's only used for lib hex patching. You have there instructions like MOV R0, #0xYourValue and you translate that into a hex code to hack the game. We don't create scripts or use cheat engines. We write directly into the Game Code buddy. Directly into the source from the Game itself.

Reactions: Maveth

HizroMxDz

1/3 Games Approved
Dec 25, 2019
x____x
well if you are asking this so you can understand the tutorials, then most of the tutorials are Assembly, C++ for hooking and writing to memory, Java for mod menu, C# for mod menus with .dll Games.

so start with Assembly first as most the tutorials are based on it and hacking starts with Assembly, then move on to Java for mod menus and you'll understand other languages easily like C++

Del777319

Platinian
Jan 13, 2020
Moscow
I advise C ++, since there are many languages similar to it, it is difficult, yes ... But having learned it for you, other languages will be easier, and you won’t be lost in C ++)

Reactions: HizroMxDz
Status
Not open for further replies.