Help! Quick noob question: Does modding only works on client side system?

KmzLy

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2019
?
For example, vainglory map hack. Lets say, data x and y players is from server and parsed in client side and then the client displayed mini icon players hero. We can get those data and display hidden icon from map, problem solved. But we can't change currency and purchase items right? Cus, our currency is stored inside the server, server could validating our current currency is enough or not to purchase those things. But IF I can get into their server is a different story, I could do anything I want :p

Reactions: Se7enthSin

Se7enthSin

Platinian On Fire
Jan 24, 2018
Good fucking luck
You were on the right track with your original question. Yes, It's possible to create a "map hack" within the game using multiple value points to gain the intended affect.

For the last part of your question...
You would need to know how to capture, observe, document packet data to and from the server and then alter it.

Most current to day servers are equpted with anti packet data editing security systems which are usuualy encrypted with at the very least 132?? Some odd bit key.

Good luck decrypting a secured packet, mofiding it, then repacking it with the correct or sys requried non mismatched modified date and then sending it to the server in the attempt to hack actual server sided secrured data.

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Server-sided is Server-sided, no one here would hack that.
When you do it, then i wish you hopefully good years in Prison.
Besides that,you need damn high knowledge in programming and real hacking ( little bit modding is not real hacking. )
So yeah, map hacks are possible, to hack server-sided things is not possible.

KmzLy

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2019
?
I can "imagine" how map hack works, so its ok.

Good luck decrypting a secured packet, mofiding it, then repacking it with the correct or sys requried non mismatched modified date and then sending it to the server in the attempt to hack actual server sided secrured data.
This, what I've been thinking for a year (perhaps). I often capturing packet data, communication between client and server. Like you said, they have anti packet data editing or something, I couldnt find any tool that might help this job. I used many tools like Packet Capture (simple one), mitmproxy, and making my own packet sniffing, but I counldnt get hex/binary packet data. Most of the time, I can only capture http request. This makes me dont want mess with game server..

Decrypting a secure packet I think its not a big deal, most apps stored their encrypt key/salt inside the apk. For modified date/timestamp, I think I've seen a tool that can modified date/timestamp files back to normal or you can change to whenever you want. Meh, but Im not sure tho.

KmzLy

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2019
?
Server-sided is Server-sided, no one here would hack that.
When you do it, then i wish you hopefully good years in Prison.
Besides that,you need damn high knowledge in programming and real hacking ( little bit modding is not real hacking. )
So yeah, map hacks are possible, to hack server-sided things is not possible.
Um.. thanks, prison, I cant imagine xD
I'm Java programmer desktop and mobile for 3+ years, and I've been hacking some website, defacing it and get the root system (sometimes if im lucky :p).
I dont think its impossible, the job is to find a bug from client request. Which sql injection, RCE, etc.

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
It isn't impossible, no one said that.
But between only modding a few packets between client and server and real server hacking, is a big difference buddy haha
And how i said, high illegal, so when anyone would do it, im sure he would do it only for himself or the mods would costs hundreds of dollars

KmzLy

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2019
?
So yeah, map hacks are possible, to hack server-sided things is not possible
I'm sorry I might wrong.

But between only modding a few packets between client and server and real server hacking, is a big difference buddy haha
of course bud, but from client side packet request, we can do several things. Like hack directly to the server or modifying client request. And I dont think about sharing my mod (if i could mod it), the impact would be huge for the company.

Se7enthSin

Platinian On Fire
Jan 24, 2018
Good fucking luck
It isn't impossible, no one said that.
And how i said, high illegal, so when anyone would do it, im sure he would do it only for himself or the mods would costs hundreds of dollars

Or...
They gifted it to one very lucky super fangirl, believe... China.
MS, cash shop hacked.

How
Do
I
Tri
Force?!

ahjie81

Platinian
Aug 22, 2019
London
Since you are on this topic. For example, I have been playing a game that require luck to draw cards and get certain heroes or players. The draw had some rules as it divided into 3 segment between normal draw, advance draw and super draw. It state that for normal draw, the percentage is around 0.02 to draw a good heroes card. While for super draw will be 3.9 percent. Is there a way to mod that percentage to be 100 percent inorder to keep drawing good heroes card. This is my intention of mod-ding the game.

Any advise is appreciated. I been loading IDA trying to find but could not understand how to lock that so-call luck to always draw good heroes at 100 percent.

Se7enthSin

Platinian On Fire
Jan 24, 2018
Good fucking luck
You could try pausing the game when you're searching or editing values.
Then best bet is to switch between the different lucks pausing and searching so you can find the correct values or what writes to them and ect. Unless you know exactly what it is you're doing it'll be touch and go guess work.

Most difficult thing would be finding the value, seeing if modifying it within the client will actually work or if it'll just be visual, if it doesn't work but you have the correct values modified then it's most likely server sided.

ahjie81

Platinian
Aug 22, 2019
London
How do I pause the game as the value of search is kinda of interesting as it state in the chart was 3.9 percent. I did search 3.9 percent example but cannot get the value using GG. I asking if I could use IDA side of things. I am trying to learn and been looking at tutorials but still cannot find what I want as the tutorial mostly on modifying the HP, Gold, Gem which I am looking for something to mod the chances/luck to 100%.

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
How do I pause the game as the value of search is kinda of interesting as it state in the chart was 3.9 percent. I did search 3.9 percent example but cannot get the value using GG. I asking if I could use IDA side of things. I am trying to learn and been looking at tutorials but still cannot find what I want as the tutorial mostly on modifying the HP, Gold, Gem which I am looking for something to mod the chances/luck to 100%.
Sure you will not find anything about that, because no Modder have time to create 1000 Videos for each Function buddy. And don't forget, 90% of all Modders don't share their Codes, so how they should make a Tutorial when they share no Codes?

Modding is not " i know how the Method for that or that is called" or " i know exactly where the value for xxx is stored" , modding is trying, failing, trying, failing, tryining, have luck and boom. It took me 1,5 Months as example to figure out how i need to mod my old FarmVille 2 mod. Only with trying, failing etc.

And the Value which you looking for musn't be in the APK. It can be server-sided too.
You must become creative and think like a Developer. " How i could call the Method for the luck to draw the Cards?"
And the value musn't be a exactly 3,9 % in the Source Code. It could be a Math Operation too, so you wouldn't never find the Value only with looking for the value.

• Love

Se7enthSin

Platinian On Fire
Jan 24, 2018
Good fucking luck
Sure you will not find anything about that, because no Modder have time to create 1000 Videos for each Function buddy. And don't forget, 90% of all Modders don't share their Codes, so how they should make a Tutorial when they share no Codes?

Modding is not " i know how the Method for that or that is called" or " i know exactly where the value for xxx is stored" , modding is trying, failing, trying, failing, tryining, have luck and boom. It took me 1,5 Months as example to figure out how i need to mod my old FarmVille 2 mod. Only with trying, failing etc.

And the Value which you looking for musn't be in the APK. It can be server-sided too.
You must become creative and think like a Developer. " How i could call the Method for the luck to draw the Cards?"
And the value musn't be a exactly 3,9 % in the Source Code. It could be a Math Operation too, so you wouldn't never find the Value only with looking for the value.
Very very well put my friend

komik

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 16, 2017

and float ,but the problem is you must figure limit.(like limit of speed game)

im0ren

Platinian
Nov 24, 2018
Nowhere
I know people are doing injections in games like Pokémon masters which are pretty well protected, you ll find them on forums, but i dont think nobody wants to share the way they are earning money, knowledge is power

• Love

Se7enthSin

Platinian On Fire
Jan 24, 2018
Good fucking luck
I know people are doing injections in games like Pokémon masters which are pretty well protected, you ll find them on forums, but i dont think nobody wants to share the way they are earning money, knowledge is power
Very well put!
I was hoping someone else would come along and connect the dots.

Packet/injections are a very powerful tool.