Solved SIGNED BUT WON'T LOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
Hi, I'm new to this but I modded/signed a game apk (I am even able to install it on my phone). However, after installing the game, it will not load/start when i attempt.... i just get a black screen. Any ideas?? If anyone can offer any help, that would be great. Thank you... and go easy on me!?

Reactions: Real_range_sover

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
Damn. Thank you. So all that was done was change a few hex strings to match exactly what they were on a mod from a previous app version. Replaced the libil2cpp.so file with the new modded one. Then signed and installed. I'm not sure what I am missing.

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
Damn. Thank you. So all that was done was change a few hex strings to match exactly what they were on a mod from a previous app version. Replaced the libil2cpp.so file with the new modded one. Then signed and installed. I'm not sure what I am missing.
Make sure to recheck each mods you edited. You could've edited a bool to a higher number other than 1 or 0, or you could've edited something wrong and it won't let you enter. For an example, you have float, but you probably edited it with an int/integer or the game can crash because of your editing. You could also find that out by removing "flurry" because that can be a problem to each games or some. Maybe delete flurry, find anti cheat and remove if it's a bool, or check each methods you edited.

Reactions: Ace11

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
Make sure to recheck each mods you edited. You could've edited a bool to a higher number other than 1 or 0, or you could've edited something wrong and it won't let you enter. For an example, you have float, but you probably edited it with an int/integer or the game can crash because of your editing. You could also find that out by removing "flurry" because that can be a problem to each games or some. Maybe delete flurry, find anti cheat and remove if it's a bool, or check each methods you edited.
Thanks for the advice!

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
@Tiuu After looking, I think my editing may be ok. However I'm not exactly sure how to remove anti cheat. I used dnSpy and searched for words like "cheat" and "detect", but Im not sure where to go from there. I know that doing this varies in different games. Any help is appreciated.

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
Did it works before u signed ? Try signed clean apk see what happen
The original clean signed apk works fine. I then edited it and installation failed due to not being signed again. So, I signed it and was able to install it, but will not load/open properly. (I know that it communicates with play store because I get a notification regarding a subscription after i try opening the game). The previous working modded version (which was not my work) did not allow connecting with Play store/services... maybe because it was modded properly lol. So that is what Im trying to do I guess. Thanks for any help.

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
The original clean signed apk works fine. I then edited it and installation failed due to not being signed again. So, I signed it and was able to install it, but will not load/open properly. (I know that it communicates with play store because I get a notification regarding a subscription after i try opening the game). The previous working modded version (which was not my work) did not allow connecting with Play store/services... maybe because it was modded properly lol. So that is what Im trying to do I guess. Thanks for any help.
Here's I suggest, but it will be a pain in the ass. First, edit the methods for each and recompile and download if the mod works and keep on doing it over and over, and if you hit a dead end where the mod stops working or won't open, try to fix that or that method is not available to mod. Make sure the game is not obfuscated because that can be an actuall pain in the ass. Obfuscated is like Strings or any methods "name" is a random sentence, letter, or word. Cause if it is obfuscated, you're out of luck. Can you specify what game you're modding and is it il2cpp or dll?

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
Also check and go inside the files in dnspy and search for, integrity, signature, codestage, and injections, on application quit. Most likely, you can edit void in methods.

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
There's also "flurry" which can cause the game to crash or not work. You have to decompile the apk and go inside smali, I think. But you can find it in the threads by searching it up. Some games like that in Csr 2 have that.

Ace11

Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2019
USA
Here's I suggest, but it will be a pain in the ass. First, edit the methods for each and recompile and download if the mod works and keep on doing it over and over, and if you hit a dead end where the mod stops working or won't open, try to fix that or that method is not available to mod. Make sure the game is not obfuscated because that can be an actuall pain in the ass. Obfuscated is like Strings or any methods "name" is a random sentence, letter, or word. Cause if it is obfuscated, you're out of luck. Can you specify what game you're modding and is it il2cpp or dll?
il2cpp. Thanks for the help. Here is the game. There was a mod request for it already, but no luck from any modders.

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
il2cpp. Thanks for the help. Here is the game. There was a mod request for it already, but no luck from any modders.

That's a problem. Since its "Glu", I don't think it's available to mod, I mean it is, but the game detects the file and put a sign "not a genuine copy". But you have many threads, you can ask other modders or search bypassing anticheat in glu.

Reactions: nik2143 and Ace11

Sodawater

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Jan 29, 2018
your heart ^_^
1. Since it's a glu game, you will have to do a signature bypass. You can try this

2. If the game requires obb then make sure you have installed that

3. When you are modding. Editing the wrong instructions may crash the game

4. If you can't bypass the signature, then the only other way to release your mod is as an unsigned apk which means the people who will be installing the mod will need their devices to be rooted and fully patched with lucky patcher

Reactions: Ace11
Status
Not open for further replies.