Solved Suggest and app to mod (Beginner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trolino

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 6, 2018
Florida
Hey guys, am just starting to mod and just wanted to see if anyone out there can suggest me an apk to start practicing.

Im obviously having a little bit of trouble understanding .so files, meaning that modding with IDA is a bit of a challenge. Im still doing more research to understand better ARM, watching a lot of youtube videos, but they dont even talk, they just have a background song loud AF! So its hard to understand why they are making the changes.

Anyways, just trying to get better at this.

God modders, suggest away! thanks and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erudus

2/3 Games Approved
Oct 3, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
It would be better for you to start off learning how to mod dll games instead of .so games. Google a program called dnspy and download that (I'd find you a link myself but my daughter is currently watching YouTube on my computer so I'm stuck on my mobile haha)

A good game to start learning for dll games is either alto's adventure or subway surfers.

There are a tonne of modding tutorials for dnspy on this website so I won't go into the details but if you get stuck you can pm me and I'll try and help. I can't say I'm advanced as I'm still learning myself but I have successfully released a few mods so I kind of know what I'm doing lol!

NotALegitGuy

Solid & Active Platinian
Sep 24, 2018
Costa Rica
To be honest there's more il2cpp/dll games than there are native games so start with il2cpp/dll games which are also a good start and don't need much knowledge on C/C++ ( unless you wanna do some more advanced stuff ofc )

If you still wanna do native games then you're gonna need a lot of C knowledge and good reverse engineering skills to mod the game, especially if they don't expose their function names.

You don't necessarily need assembly but it's good to know some of it and be able to read it in case you need to ( which tends to happen when ida messes up decompilation or there's something you can only understand through asm )

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Reactions: Aihara mei
Status
Not open for further replies.