This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Help! Updating modded apks

Marukonus

Platinian
Original poster
Aug 17, 2024
How does one updated a modded APK by themselves if dev has disappeared? Libraries and other things need to be updated. Is it possible to do this yourself with tools?

Reactions: nowhere_222
You can fake update in AndroidManifest.xml changing androidVersionName and androidVersionCode to the latest one, if it works you can keep using the same mod on the latest version of the game

The library files are v7 in the mod, v8 in recent version. 1.7.18 vs 1.7.20. do I need to update those? Also do I need to resign?

This is impossible without the mod menus source code project files which only the modder who created the mod apk has. Moving the mod to a new version requires the modder to update offsets etc.

Out of curiosity, what game are you trying to mod? Maybe I can look into making a mod menu for it in my spare time.
Oops I thought I had it attached but that is my other post. Squad Alpha. Favorite game, and have been studying the files/code as well as modding tools. Also been looking at the OS as well. Unfortunately I have an unlocked fold 5 US version, so it is impossible to unlock bootloader to root. I will eventually buy an overseas version.