Status
Not open for further replies.

Ner0X

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
Saturn
Hey,

I have a modded apk of a game, but the game updated & it forces me to update.. so I can't use the out-of-date modded APK.

Can I somehow mod the new version of the game by using the files of the older modded version? Maybe transfer the mod files & edit the smali code?
I've tried this but the game won't open. Did I miss something? I transferred the two folders which contained the mod codes & added the line of smali code under onCreate function just the way the modded apk had it.

IvorBigun

Platinian
Mar 26, 2017
Usually when a game updates the new apk will have an integrity check, that was set when it was packaged by the dev. You would need to find the code in the new apk rather than copy/pasting.
To my knowledge there is no quickfire way to do this, which is why updates aren't so quick to do

Ner0X

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
Saturn
Usually when a game updates the new apk will have an integrity check, that was set when it was packaged by the dev. You would need to find the code in the new apk rather than copy/pasting.
To my knowledge there is no quickfire way to do this, which is why updates aren't so quick to do
you're saying the old mod apk is useless when it comes to updating the mod within the new version?

and by "code" ypu mean offsets & such?

Ner0X

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
Saturn
When a modder does an update, he basically has to re-mod the app from the start as if it is a new game? or does he skip some steps?

Sodawater

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Jan 29, 2018
your heart ^_^
When a game gets updated the offsets are updated as well. So the modder must mod the new offsets. The only step the modder skips is learning how to mod the app again unless something changes such as security patches.

Last edited:

seto36

Platinian
Feb 20, 2020
China
mod it from outside. Create your own app and patch some code from it instead of modding it from the game apk.
But this will require root access.
You just need to update offset from your own app without decompiling the game apk again.

komik

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 16, 2017
When a game gets updated the offsets are updated as well. So the modder must mod the new offsets. The only step the modder skips is learning how to mod the app again unless something changes such as security patches.
it's true

Status
Not open for further replies.