Help! value does't change (hard to explain)

hanilence

Platinian
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Serbia
Hello once again

Firstly it't better for you to see image and realize what i'm talking about
1.png

As you can see i modded value of cash/diamonds and it shows up in game like it should,but when i try to use those modded cash/diamonds it's like they aren't there
I tried :

different values - but problem is still there
comparing hex changes into older version of mod with non modded apk (same version) -
it has about 7-8 more changes(values modified) but it's hard to keep track since code is massive and diffchecker is buggy

Some more info :

Methods and offsets of those methods which i use in HxD to modify libil2cpp.so
2.jpg

also i attached dump.cs file, maybe im missing something
game which im trying to mod is Design Home

PS im new into this modding thing so any extra help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

Del777319

Platinian
Jan 13, 2020
Moscow
It can be either a background number, or everything that is on its screen, try to find a different offset currency. Perhaps the server is processing the data.

hanilence

Platinian
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Serbia
It can be either a background number, or everything that is on its screen, try to find a different offset currency. Perhaps the server is processing the data.
i only get cash/diamonds header strings beside that methods shown in picture, i can't find anything else which can be related to currency..i don't think that server is processing data because this game was modded a few times in last 4-5 months,but i really don't know,i'm just guessing

Chewy

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Nov 6, 2019
Spread Love
I have a strong feeling the data is server sided, and what you are editing is merely visual, so it won’t actually work despite its appearance. good job tho!(:

roflmao1337

Platinian
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
is it possible to find out which data is server sided and which isnt? and if he cant directly manipulate the value then maybe is it possible to change it indirectly? for example by a diamond creating reward where u increase the rewards value?