Why are you cheating/hacking?

Xalanth

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 17, 2018
Croatia
Like the title asks, why are you cheating? I really want to know why most of you do this. My own reason is probably worth for online games only. I cheat mostly in Pay2Win games or games made by shitty companies or for the sole reason to increase the anti cheat security for fair play. Post your reason in the comments.

El Cicatriz

Rookie
Jan 29, 2019
Worldwide
I mostly cheat for the lulz, i love when you Mod the company that fills the game with microtransactions. Plus on online games, I like trolling people with Mods etc. The real question is: Am I proud of it? Well nah, behind all these games there is actually a group of developers who worked their asses of and got their game licenced by a greedy company.. But that's how life works, right?

Ayagirik

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 29, 2018
Germany
For me, it all started in the game League of Legends. If you played it, then you'll know what i am talking about.
In this game i was really good at dodging. Like, avoiding skillshots which enemy players throw at you. And i was proud of it. Because it was my own skill. My friends who played this game with me, were amazed how good i was at it. And ofcourse, a lot of players i played against, said that i was a cheater because noone can dodge skillshots like that. That i am using scripts etc.
This is how i got into it. I was interested in those "scripts" that they were talking about. So i researched internet about it. And i found lots of it. All kinds. A lot different scripts that you can use in league of legends. And i found the one that i wanted to try. It was the "evade script" - basically, it dodges skillshots for you. And i started using it. I did not use it because i wanted to win. Not because i wanted to troll. I used it because i found it was fun. Something in me gave me a new kick for the game.
Well much later i got into mobile games. And i thought "hey maybe there is something like scripts for the games too". And oh well i was right.
I cheat only in online games. I can not donate hundreds of €s to the game in order to become the best and stay the best. I dont have that money. In a lot of games it is hard as f2p player to compete with p2p or p2w players.
So this is my story.

giulicoppi

Platinian
Jan 25, 2019
Italy
I cheat bcs of pay2win games!! That's the first and only reason. I prefer to purchase a game for 10 euro or maybe a PS or Xbox game for 60 euro, but then stop with this shitty in app purchases!! It's a shame in my opinion. There are very good and fair companies and I'm very happy to support these companies with some purchases...... But there are also many many companies with the only purpous to f...ck people. Smart mechanism to convince people to buy things in the game. Soon or later it became a 100% game desease for many players and many are sick or become sick bcs of these games and companies.

giulicoppi

Platinian
Jan 25, 2019
Italy
Same story are movies in streaming and download music and movies....... Why????? Because everything is too expensive....... Lower the prices and we all will be happy to purchase it. :-)

Cletus

Platinian On Fire
Dec 20, 2018
'Merica
I do it for the same reason I did it as a kid with cheat codes...or if you're old enough to remember...the game shark xD. I'd play games till I beat them then play through with cheats on to Max out or just have fun with no limits. The games I mod here are games I've played legit. Some are new but they're similar to others I've played. I don't have any nefarious reasons or any Noble ones either to justify why I do it. It's an option that I enjoy.

Reactions: giulicoppi

dAtiuy

Platinian
Mar 24, 2018
Romania
Simply because I enjoy more the game when I have an unfair advantage. It makes it easier. I get a "rush" when I accomplish something that took like 30 minutes instead of entire weeks. And I also cheat cause I fucking hate p2w games and let's not forget the fact that I can make people rage so bad that they break their own phones....

Cautious

Platinian
Feb 10, 2019
England
My dream is a to play a massive multiplayer game with hacks that gives an unfair advantage to me and others using the hack, but not big enough to where it's just a auto win and breaks the game. I wouldn't care if I had to pay big money for it, even more than an ingame micro transaction purchase.

An example of this would be scripting in league of legends with a low chance of being detected, botting in runesCape and most recently map hacks in mobile legends. Although all those are now fairly mainstream and now redundant because High ban rate.

Ah those were the day...

Reactions: giulicoppi