Create and email Zip and Zipx files. Open and save compressed files, whether they're attached to an incoming email, downloaded from a web page or opened from an SD memory card.
Choose the full version of WinZip with NEW Google Drive support in addition to Dropbox. Enjoy banking-level security and convenience of cloud storage. Protect your photos, videos and files in Dropbox and Google Drive like never before with instant file compression and encryption. And because WinZip is available on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Blackberry, it’s easy to access your files any time, from any device. Maximize your free Dropbox and Google Drive storage space by compressing files and folders. Connect directly to Dropbox and Google Drive to zip, unzip, organize and manage your files.
WinZip for Android Top Features:
- Create Zip and Zipx files
- Easily send archive files to contacts via email
- Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app
- Open other popular file formats with third party app integration
- Open encrypted Zip files (including AES 128- and 256-bit) to review sensitive material safely while on the go
- Easily navigate and manage your files in phone memory and external SD card
- Unzip RAR, 7Z ,Zipx and cbz files
- Unzip encrypted 7Z and Zipx files
- View contents of Zipx, 7Z, RAR and cbz files
- Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and Samsung Appstore
Purchase the full package and gain access to even more powerful features:
- Create and protect Zip and Zipx files with 128- and 256-bit AES encryption
- Immediate access to ‘Zip & email’ feature
- Direct integration of Google Drive and Dropbox cloud storage
File Support and Third Party Integration
WinZip for Android lets you view:
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties)
- Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp)
- Apk files (.apk)
- Comic book files (.cbz)
WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in third party apps:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
The world’s most popular Zip utility, WinZip offers apps for all of the industry’s most popular platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Compatible with Android operating systems 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.x (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1-4.3(Jelly Bean), 4.4 (KitKat) and 5.0 (lollipop), WinZip for Android is available now as a free English app.
Q1: I am using WinZip to compress the JPEGs, but size didn’t change much.
A1: In order to compress your photos as much as possible without any loss of photo quality, WinZip should be configured to create Zipx files (best method compression). With WinZip, "Zipx, Best method" compression examines each file and selects the compression option most likely to supply the best compression results.
Q2: I open a password protected zip in WinZip, but the file list still be obtained?
A2: the behavior depends on the zip file encryption method, some of them are using password to encrypt the directory of files in the Zip (it is used to show the file list without unzipping), some of them do not encrypt the directory. For security, we recommend to avoid using file or folder name with confidential information.
Q3: Why WinZip Android needs to be granted with the "Device ID & call information" permission?
A3: It is the general app access permission on Android system. We use it because 1) to get the device information and apply to the feedback email automatically. 2) to use for the Google to track the user operations in WinZip at backend.
Various stability improvements made