Help! Network Traffic - Cannot bypass pinning

decompile

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 29, 2024
Hello everyone! I am trying to retrieve player coordinates (X and Y) in a server-based RPG game called Top Heroes. The game is a strategy game where players put their bases in the map and can attack others from their base. Players can move around whenever they want.

Note: the game requires you to beat the tutorial and upgrade your castle + some buildings before unlocking the 'actual game' where there's a map outside of your castle and the adventure mode.
I imagine that because the map is being updated all the time, there should be a lot of network traffic. I have done this previously for a similar game and it would send POST requests to an API endpoint and the server would return a JSON array of player ID's and coordinates in the region of the map you are in. I do not know of that is the case in this game, but I cannot intercept the traffic to find out.

I have tried both of these frida codeshare scripts to help with ssl pinning bypasses:
pcipolloni/universal-android-ssl-pinning-bypass-with-frida
akabe1/frida-multiple-unpinning

And neither would show me game data. I also tried mitm-apk and that did not work for me either (did not see any game-traffic in Burp Suite). I am trying to find a way to do this if anyone would be willing to help me. Thank you so much!