64-bit Hardware 32-bit software

Cyrpt00

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Philippines
Device is Redmi 9C. Kernel architecture is armv8I. According to Antutu benchmark it is 64-bit
Screenshot_2021-10-19-23-10-08-393_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg

... Yet I can't install any 64 bit applications. Did a little digging and found out that hardware supports 64-bit but is running on 32-bit. What a scam.

So I need help, is there any way I can install 64-bit applications without doing too much, like rooting, flashing, etc.

However if the only solution is the latter, can I get a guide on how to do it? Like installing a custom ROM so that it runs on 64-bit?

Mind that, my phone hardware supports 64-bit

Reactions: mueza

GG78

ADBlock Expert
Jan 6, 2019
HexHausen
Your phone is already a fully 64bit armv8, ill guess its more that the apk you tried to install was a target sdk 30 wich gaved you an "parsing error, app could not be installed. There are a couple of reasons why an installation can fail, but its not your processor.

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
It may be because the target SDK is higher than the one installed on your phone. Android 11, for example, won't run on Android 5.

Cyrpt00

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Philippines
Your phone is already a fully 64bit armv8, ill guess its more that the apk you tried to install was a target sdk 30 wich gaved you an "parsing error, app could not be installed. There are a couple of reasons why an installation can fail, but its not your processor.
Well, I'm not a coder, engineer or anything so how could I know this "target SDK" and what should I do about it

Cyrpt00

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Philippines
Nevermind, API level is 29 according to CPU-Z. Which is Android 10 if I'm correct. Now to know the target SDK version or the min SDK version of the application I want to install, I need to see what is inside AndroidManifest.xml right? Turns out I can't, it shows this "error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error"

Any thoughts?

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
Nevermind, API level is 29 according to CPU-Z. Which is Android 10 if I'm correct. Now to know the target SDK version or the min SDK version of the application I want to install, I need to see what is inside AndroidManifest.xml right? Turns out I can't, it shows this "error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error"

Any thoughts?
The app/mod you're trying to install was made by someone who doesn't know how to code ;) So it's probably nothing to do with your phone.

Cyrpt00

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Philippines
The app/mod you're trying to install was made by someone who doesn't know how to code ;) So it's probably nothing to do with your phone.
Damn so YouTube really isn't a reliable source for modded apks huh?

But I'm still not over the 64 bit problem. Because when I tried to install it to a VM specifically VMOS pro, it's says device not compatible with 64 bit applications so yeah.

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
Damn so YouTube really isn't a reliable source for modded apks huh?

But I'm still not over the 64 bit problem. Because when I tried to install it to a VM specifically VMOS pro, it's says device not compatible with 64 bit applications so yeah.
I did a little bit of research and found this on Reddit: Reddit link
It seems like your phone manufacturer made a 64-bit capable phone, but it comes installed with 32-bit Android, which doesn't really make any sense. The good news, though, is that if you know what you're doing, you could probably flash a version of 64-bit Android, but your phone manufacturer will never release a 64-bit version of the OS you're currently running. Not sure why, but they're probably just too lazy. SO, if this really bothers you, I'd suggest flashing it.

Cyrpt00

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Philippines
I did a little bit of research and found this on Reddit: Reddit link
It seems like your phone manufacturer made a 64-bit capable phone, but it comes installed with 32-bit Android, which doesn't really make any sense. The good news, though, is that if you know what you're doing, you could probably flash a version of 64-bit Android, but your phone manufacturer will never release a 64-bit version of the OS you're currently running. Not sure why, but they're probably just too lazy. SO, if this really bothers you, I'd suggest flashing it.
That's what I said in my original post. That being said, do you have experience on how to root and flash the bootload? I just can't trust myself with the tutorials in the internet. Preferably would follow a guide of someone who actually did it on their own phone

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
That's what I said in my original post. That being said, do you have experience on how to root and flash the bootload? I just can't trust myself with the tutorials in the internet. Preferably would follow a guide of someone who actually did it on their own phone
As far as flashing goes, I haven't done it myself as I haven't had an Android device for around 4 years now. But, when I did have an Android tablet (Samsung), I rooted the device using a tutorial on YouTube. Some of the tutorials on YouTube can be pretty good to start with but then go downhill as you go through them. And if you didn't watch them fully beforehand, you can sometimes end up being stuck halfway through the process. So I would recommend finding a tutorial for both of those things individually, watching them fully, and then compiling your knowledge from both of them and just giving it a go. If you're not fully sure about the process, you could always backup your phone before doing it.

Reactions: Cyrpt00