Tutorial Android Go blocks mod menus... (+ how to fix)

ArsonMods

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 25, 2023
New Mexico, United States
So today I went to install some modded games I downloaded from this site on my second tablet which is lower end than my other one and runs 32-bit Android 11 Go. While most of the games seemed to work great (aside from graphical lag in one due to this tablet being a very cheap device I originally bought for some other purpose), I encountered a strange problem with two of them that used the display over other apps permission. Android told me this functionality was not available cause it slows down devices! What kind of stupidity is this?! You'd think if it sometimes causes performance issues on low end devices, there would just be a warning and not an outright blockade. Even though I have other much better devices, including a couple of older S series phones I also play games on all the time, it's unacceptable to me that I can't use these mod menu games on *every single* device I own that is hardware-capable of running them. I really hate being told what I can and cannot do with my devices so after some searching online I found a fix.

1. Enable developer options if you have not already, and enable USB debugging.

2. Plug device into computer with USB cable.

3. Download ADB from Google or any other legitimate source.

4. Open command prompt in the directory where the ADB exe is, by simply typing
Code:
cmd
into the address bar in Windows Explorer.

5. Type
Code:
adb devices
press enter and see if it sees a device, there should be one and that means it sees your device. If not, sort out drivers if Windows has issues with your device for some reason.

6. Type
Code:
adb -d shell appops set your_package_name_here SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow
and press enter. Once done, go into app info and see if the overlay permission is active. It should show that it is allowed as if you'd enabled it through the menu you don't have access to.

7. Open your game and enjoy!