Tutorial Android mods - FAQ and troubleshooting guide

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I created this thread for those who have any issues with the mod. Do you have a suggestion? tell me!

Do feel free to ask the testing team to test the mod for you, if you believe the mod is broken. Check Staff members

General troubleshooting:
- Make sure you have read the thread carefully without being lazy (Known as TL;DR). You will get unexpected problems if you didn't read properly
- Third party apps like Game Boosters, Speed booster, GFX Editors, and Game Launchers might cause issue in general with mods so make sure you have these apps disabled/removed before using the mod. OnePlus users need to deactivate the game booster since it is pre-activated.
- If you are using MiUi devices, disable MiUi Optimization in Developer options.
- If you are starting a new game, make sure you set the multipliers to 1 or set the toggle to OFF to avoid issues in tutorial.
- Make sure that you turn off battery optimization for the mod. Sometimes device kills the mod to save battery.
- Do not update your device! Sometimes device updates include security updates which cause the mod to stop working. Unless the device update guarantees to fix a phone issue you are having, do not update!
- If you are getting connection issues, try using VPN. We recommended free 1.1.1.1 VPN app
- Avoid using App Cloner app, it modifies the APK and it breaks the mod or the app itself, and even worse, the anti-cheat triggers. You should use Virtual Spaces or Virtual Machines instead
- If you are using emulator, use Android 7.1.2 32-bit instance as long as possible, because it's very stable in long term use. Only use Android 9 or higher if the game is not compatible on Android 7.1.2. Please avoid using A7.1.2 64-bit instance
- Try Virtual Machines app of your choice. Sometimes mods works better when running inside Virtual Machine

Known problems:
Mod not working (black screen, crash, stuck, strange issues, etc.)

• Disable Game Boosters, Speed booster, GFX Editors, and Game Launchers
  • Your device may be incompatible. Try to use other devices or use VM apps to see if the mod works: List of Android Virtual Machine apps for Android devices - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps
    • Android 11 or above may have issues with mods due to the restriction of the system.
    • 4.4 Kitkat or below is too old to run some mods due to the limitation of the system
    • Check if the original APK works. If not, it is your device issue.
  • PC: Your emulator may be incompatible. Try use other emulators
    • Your hardware may be outdated and incompatible
    • Your drivers may be outdated. Refer to your manufacturer support page to update drivers
    • Make sure your PC support Virtualization Technology and is enabled in BIOS. Refer to your manufacturer support page for help
    • Check if the original APK works. If not, it is the emulator issue.
  • Uninstall and install the mod, or clear the mod’s cache and data.
  • Make sure obb is correctly installed, if the game needs it. Check the author's thread if the OBB is required and read instruction how to install OBB file, or follow this tutorial
  • Check if you have allowed required permissions
  • If the mod has mod menu, enable overlay permission.
  • Read the thread carefully of the game again, see if there is any info you need to know.

Mod menu not showing
  • Enable overlay permission (Draw over other apps) in the app settings. Open Settings -> Apps and notification -> See all (xxx) apps -> (Choose your app) -> Draw over other apps -> Choose "Allow display over other apps". Please refer to your device manufacturer's website's support page, or see online tutorial if you don't know how to access overlay permission setting. Usually, the mod will ask you to enable overlay and will open the overlay settings
  • Make sure the mod have mod menu integrated. Some mods may not have mod menu
  • Make sure you aren't using original APK, LOL

Signed APK: App not installed / Package is invalid
  • Uninstall the original APK or modded APK first. Due to security, you can't install modded APK on top of original APK or other modded APK because signature mismatch. Only rooted devices with disabled signature check can do it
  • Make sure you didn't downloaded unsigned APK by accident. Non-rooted devices can't install unsigned APK
  • Check if the APK file is corrupted. If so, download APK again
  • Check if your device has enough space and have at least 1 GB free space. Lack of space can prevent installation
  • Your device/VM/emulators may be incompatible. Try use other device/VM/emulators
  • Reboot the system, it may help solve this problem
  • If none of the above helps, contact the author of the mod for help

Unsigned APK: App not installed / Package is invalid (Root only)
Can't clone mod
  • Cloning modifies the APK file, hence it doesn't work correctly. Consider to contact the developer of cloning app to improve it, or try other cloning apps. Alternatively, try use any Virtual space or Virtual machine. They may or may not support mods

Can't find download links

Can't install/update app from Play Store
  • You can't install/update an app if you have a mod APK installed, you must install it before installing official app from Play Store. If you intended to update a mod, please refer to the website/thread to get updated APK instead.

Can't download APK
  • Make sure you have good connection. Please read "Network error, connection error, slow speed, etc" below
  • Make sure you have updated your browser to latest version. Clearing cache and cookies from browser settings can solve the problem. Reinstall your browser if the issue still occur
  • Use VPN if your ISP blocked the download website
  • Try other browsers
Can't download additional data
  • Download game from Play Store. While downloading, cancel it and install mod again
  • Read "Connection issues" below

Can't login with Google account with Signed APK
  • Currently there is no way to login with Google account on signed APK. This is for security reason, login will not work if the APK has been resigned with a different signature. The signature must match with the developer's Play games system. Some games allows you to continue without Google login. Consider to use VM apps, so you can use unsigned APK on non-rooted device. See: How to install unsigned APK on NON-rooted devices - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps
  • Reboot your device if the game crashed after attempt to login

Can't login with Google account with Unsigned APK
  • Some newer devices running Android 11 (Maybe?) may have some special security, preventing you from logging in with unsigned APK. Consider to use VM apps instead

Can't login with Facebook account with Signed APK

Connection issues: Network error, connection error, slow speed
  • If you use Wi-Fi, check if the signal and the speed is good enough. Use Speedtest appto know the speed
    • Turn off and on the router/modem/fiber box by pressing the button behind or pull the power cord from the wall and plug it in again
    • If you have access to settings of router/modem/fiber box and are familar with the settings, try to change settings until you get the best performance
  • If you use mobile network, turn on and off Airplane mode. Try to get best signal you can and use Speedtest app to know the speed
  • Use any free VPN apps you like. We recommended free 1.1.1.1 VPN

Download failed because you may not have purchased this app (Missing OBB)
Some games need OBB file. Without it, it can cause problems
  • Download game from Play Store. While downloading, cancel it and install mod again
  • Follow the thread's instruction how to install OBB file, or follow this tutorial
  • If nothing helps, ask the modder for help
How to block Annyoing ads?

Mod features not working
  • Try uninstall the mod, and reboot your device ans install the mod
  • Read the thread carefully again, see if there is any info you need to know. If not, ask the modder for more info
There is new update. Can you update the mod?
  • Even though there is update prompt in-game, you must check Play store first if there is any updates, before asking modder for update. In-game data update is not APK update

Why can't you just mod/hack unlimted currency?

Why is APK size 2 times larger?
  • It is a system to bypass anti-cheat, like signature and checksum check. Smaller size is possible but the bypass would not be strong enough

Why is the mod not available for Android, but available on iOS?
  • Reasons is iOS is easier to mod with less to no protection

None of the solution works. How can I help modders fixing the bug?:
Never use the word "No work", "Didn't work" or "Not working", modders don't understand that! Provide many info as much as possible, such as device model, device hardware info, and how to replicate the bug/crashes. Screenshots and videos will help!
Provide crash logs from mod menus. See: How to provide crash logs from MOD APK (With mod menu only) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps
If the mod does not have mod menu or no crash logs, record the log manually from your device. See: How to get logs from your Android device - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Last edited:

Ulquiorra@4

Solid & Active Platinian
Dec 17, 2021
غير مهم
مشكلتي هي أن اللهMy problem is that the game was working and then suddenly you don't want to log in, I erased my game data and then started again... So the game works, (I'm afraid that this will happen again and I will lose my data because it was erased to work) My problem is that the game was working and then suddenly you don't want to log in, I erased my game data and then started again... So the game works, (I'm afraid that this will happen again and I will lose my data because it was erased to work)

mokolok987

Rookie
Oct 27, 2022
France
bro it dont work at all like it keem telling me the requesting app is unvailable make sure its from google play help me fix this plz im on android 10