Tutorial [Android] Template for Hooking and runtime code patching

Djangø

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Texas
Salut la mif,
I've done stuff that could be useful for some of you.

I found out that there's a lots of mod menus template out there for native games supporting both Hooking and Memory Patching,
although sometimes you don't need a mod menu and you're left with only hooking template.
And so I did a basic and simple to use template with Substrate and KittyMemory that does not use a mod menu.
I'm a bit new to all of this hooking stuff but I made this template worked on a few games so far, still if there's an issue just tell me i'll do my best to fix it.
You got all the instructions in the readme file, if you want some help ask on this thread and pls give some clear explanation with logs if possible.

Hidden content
** You must be signed up and reply to the thread or click 'Like' under this post before you can see the hidden links contained here. **
If you still facing issues revealing the hidden links, please read this.
Have a nice day and keep on modding ?

Credits:
It is based on an already made hooking template by @SecretMyAss here joeyjurjens/Android-Hooking-Template
And the KittyMemory repo by MJx0 here
https://github.com/MJx0/KittyMemory

Last edited:

Djangø

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Texas
I updated it, now you don't have a shit tons of warnings when you build and the .bat file dosn't close itself so you can fix your code issues easily.
Also since Mshook doesn't support aarch64 I might add an alternative for it. Have fun.

Djangø

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Texas
Added arm64 hooking alternative. I've put an example but it's better if you check the readme file as I changed the whole structure and compiling process.

Reactions: Pradeep6868

mamoas

Platinian
Nov 27, 2019
None
this is really cool stuff, is it possible to add a toast directly in the lib you created to prevent leeching?

rk264

Rookie
Apr 14, 2020
IN
This is really cool. I did not have any experience with hooking and kitty memory stuff but the tutorial was really good.
I implemented it in my latest mod and it works perfectly.

One thing I would like you to implement:
Kittymemory was updated with the support of a new method: createWithHex()

Is it possible for you to update your template with support for this method?

DayGirl

Platinian
Feb 25, 2020
brazil
'ndk-build' não é reconhecido como um comando interno ou externo,
programa operável ou arquivo em lote.
Falha na construção.

DayGirl

Platinian
Feb 25, 2020
brazil
'ndk-build' is not recognized as an internal or external command,