Help! APK Mod Protection

NullCoder

Inactive Approved Modder
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
None
Hello! I really want to hack "Motor Depot" in which they introduced a new protection against changing the APK. I searched smali and found signature verification and license verification. The application does not respond when changed or was stopped, that's what I see when I try to modify the APK.

To bypass the signature verification protection, I tried to use the APK signature killer for base.apk, and to verify the license, I used the Lucky Pather patches. But everything turned out to be unsuccessful.

The game only supports ARMv6
Maybe I'm doing something wrong ... If there are people who could help me, please write either in a personal or here, I'll be glad for any help. :face46:

Link to split files: Motor_Depot.zip

honykey

1/3 Games Approved
Jan 29, 2022
USA
Hi, Null, if you are Russian, then we can communicate much easier, I can communicate in English, but it will be more convenient in Russian, in short, to the point, I roughly understand how to get around your problem, it will be a little difficult to do, it’s not convenient for me to communicate here, you can send me a private message on discord and I will try to solve your problem, Discord Re-Code#9102

DokoRoxor

Just Crazy
Jun 9, 2018
Somewhere in The Sky
I always use this site, don't think that I'm so stupid, the game is paid, that's why I threw the source code here. Split APK I connected after bypassing all the checks, but it did not help me.
I never say or think you was stupid , you can download games tough apk combo into armv7 and its not always a split apk that why i post the link , sorry if you take it as offence its was just an help .

NullCoder

Inactive Approved Modder
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
None
I never say or think you was stupid , you can download games tough apk combo into armv7 and its not always a split apk that why i post the link , sorry if you take it as offence its was just an help .
No, thank you, you somehow tried to help, I'm still trying to find where the protection is.

4playmobile

Platinian
Jul 16, 2019
brasil
I'm trying this same protection with a game did you get a solution? I've already tried with NP and other processes and nothing the game without crashing can resolve to share with me, if you try and it works for a long time to go through this protection

4playmobile

Platinian
Jul 16, 2019
brasil
No, thank you, you somehow tried to help, I'm still trying to find where the protection is.
I'm trying this same protection with a game did you get a solution? I've already tried with NP and other processes and nothing the game without crashing can resolve to share with me, if you try and it works for a long time to go through this protection

NotALegitGuy

Solid & Active Platinian
Sep 24, 2018
Costa Rica
Just a wild guess but the game could have an apk size checker that detects if the apk's size is different than the one in the web or inside it.

Try reverse engineering it if you think it has one, if the game has a .so try to reverse that too, most protections are on the .so

NullCoder

Inactive Approved Modder
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
None
Just a wild guess but the game could have an apk size checker that detects if the apk's size is different than the one in the web or inside it.

Try reverse engineering it if you think it has one, if the game has a .so try to reverse that too, most protections are on the .so
Crash is called from libpairip.so with a signal for object overflow in java. As I understand it, it checks the size of something and if it does not match, then a crash overflow in lib is called.

Reactions: nowhere_222

NotALegitGuy

Solid & Active Platinian
Sep 24, 2018
Costa Rica
Crash is called from libpairip.so with a signal for object overflow in java. As I understand it, it checks the size of something and if it does not match, then a crash overflow in lib is called.
That might as well be an apk size checker as i thought, i suggest trying to see the apk size of the unmodified apk and the one from the checker and see if it matches, if it does match or is at least similar then there's a huge chance it is an apk size checker.

Reactions: nowhere_222

4playmobile

Platinian
Jul 16, 2019
brasil
platinmods.png

I found the problem, the 4play.ru apk, it managed to bypass this verification and was analyzing it, its signature is different from the original and even so you can open the game, this verification is stored on a server, if you create your own signature in google firebase and add to the game maybe it will work, and when you open the game it will check the signature that is in google firebase

4playmobile

Platinian
Jul 16, 2019
brasil
possibly this is it, the check is stored on the server, but if we create our check on the server and add it to the game it will possibly work, I wanted to get in touch with 4play.ru but I couldn't

4playmobile

Platinian
Jul 16, 2019
brasil
I also other games contain this verification for example mimicry, it's a free game and also when you sign the same thing happens all the company's games, "EUPHORIA HORROR GAMES", contain this pairip signature, but so far I haven't had any success to ignore

NepMods69

Inactive Approved Modder
Mar 6, 2022
Nepal
You can make Root Injector for the game. because The Gane Cant detect root injector easily.