Help! app crashing after removing ads

creal43

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
i removed ads from an app with regex method using mt manager. but app crashes immediately. how to fix this issue?

Fernandezwww

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 20, 2023
Perhaps there is some kind of protection in the app, you need to find a way to bypass it before making any changes to the apk. Or you just deleted something very important

creal43

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
Perhaps there is some kind of protection in the app, you need to find a way to bypass it before making any changes to the apk. Or you just deleted something very important
Can you give it a try if i send apk? it is movie app

Fernandezwww

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 20, 2023
Can you give it a try if i send apk? it is movie app
Well, I can take a look, but I can't promise anything since I usually only work with games. Attach a link to the original apk (not the modification, but the original). I also need the regular expressions that you used

creal43

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
Well, I can take a look, but I can't promise anything since I usually only work with games. Attach a link to the original apk (not the modification, but the original). I also need the regular expressions that you used

thanks.

Attachments

bringbackthepills

Platinian
Feb 20, 2024
try reverting the changes you made and see if the app still crashes. if it doesnt it indicates that your mod is causing the issue. so ensure that your regex pattern accurately targets only the ad related funcs and doesnt touch apps funcs. u may need to refine your regex pattern

farajiluan

Rookie
Mar 3, 2024
After removing ads from the app, users might experience crashes due to changes in the app's codebase. Removing ads could disrupt the app's layout or functionality, leading to unexpected errors. Developers need to thoroughly test the app after removing ads to ensure stability. Crashes might occur if the app's logic is dependent on ad-related components or if the removal process introduces bugs. Debugging and refining the app post-ad removal is crucial for delivering a seamless user experience.