Help! armeabi v7a and Arm64 v8a

Trolino

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 6, 2018
Florida
Most of the games are moving to arm64, I'm assuming, because this is what I see most of the time inside the apk...

Now, I have experience with ida pro, for games like Pokemon Shuffle, etc.. but those games where only showing armeabi v7a folders. ?

Do I need to edit both .so files? v8a are so much different, with the EAX, EDI, ESI, and all of those different instructions that im.not really familiar, I've seen them in the times of Maple Story for PC where assembly was king in Maple Story.

So I'm asking if someone can enlighten me and briefly explain what's the difference and how do they impact when modding?

Attachments

Francois284Modz

Awesome Active Platinian
Jun 10, 2018
france
Just de delete one and mod the other one
We modders mod the mort the anerbiev7 insted of arm64 becuse it has more devise support for our users

Reactions: Trolino

Trolino

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 6, 2018
Florida
Just de delete one and mod the other one
We modders mod the mort the anerbiev7 insted of arm64 becuse it has more devise support for our users
I see, I'm gonna try that. For some reason I thought that both had to be edited or the one with the bigger .so in terms of file size. Thanks.

If anyone has more opinions plz feel free to post, I'm really eager to keep learning and keep understanding this modding world.

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
This is no opinion, it's a fact:
If you keep both lib folders, depending on device, one or the other will be used. Keeping both and modding both means double work and touble the time consumed for same result. Since old devices and most emus don't support ARM64, we just delete armeabiv8a and mod v7a as Francois stated.

As for your other question, they work in a similar manner. For example, EAX could be an r0 for your set of instructions. Terms are just changed because of naming conventions.
In the end, both are assembly languages.

Reactions: Trolino

Trolino

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 6, 2018
Florida
This is no opinion, it's a fact:
If you keep both lib folders, depending on device, one or the other will be used. Keeping both and modding both means double work and touble the time consumed for same result. Since old devices and most emus don't support ARM64, we just delete armeabiv8a and mod v7a as Francois stated.

As for your other question, they work in a similar manner. For example, EAX could be an r0 for your set of instructions. Terms are just changed because of naming conventions.
In the end, both are assembly languages.
Heyyyyy thanks for your response! Really got this out of the way now, thanks for clarifying. I remember as i said seeing and being a little familiar with ASM Assembly, or x86 Assembly, EAX, EBX, ECX, and EDX registers. I dont even know if im calling these the right name lol but i remember that when hacking Maple Story back in 2007 people would refer to ASM assembly scripts. And ARM would be the language with the R0, R1, and so on.

Again thank you for clarifying.