Help! Assembly-CSharp.dll seems to be obfuscated, despite the game not using IL2CPP

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
The game's called plundernauts. It's an IOS game and is pretty much abandonware since the devs behind the game shut down a few years ago

The game's cracked and I'm currently trying to mess around with the code in Assembly-CSharp.dll to figure out a way to make the game work offline
but I can't seem to be able to find any methods

1686518934843.png

The game was made using Unity 4 and is 32 bit, so IL2CPP couldn't have been used since IL2CPP can only applied to 64-bit games

Did the devs apply an obfuscation method to Assembly-CSharp.dll directly? Or is this a limitation of DnSpy and other applications like it?

Hiyall360

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 14, 2018
Mr.Pringlez
il2cpp most definitely can apply to 32 bit games. what you're looking at is a mono game, and yes, devs can apply obfuscation to the assembly directly.

Mind sending the .ipa?

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
Really? I've come across a few blogs from unity's site while researching obfuscation methods, which stated IL2CPP was a feature that was available starting with IOS 64-bit devices, which is why I assumed this game doesn't use it

Here's the .ipa. Thanks for helping out man 😄

Hiyall360

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 14, 2018
Mr.Pringlez
Really? I've come across a few blogs from unity's site while researching obfuscation methods, which stated IL2CPP was a feature that was available starting with IOS 64-bit devices, which is why I assumed this game doesn't use it

Here's the .ipa. Thanks for helping out man 😄

Idk about Apple, but here's a 32 bit apk with il2cpp.

Screenshot_20230613-053903_MT Manager.jpg

Ill let you know if I have any luck with your ipa :)

• Love
Reactions: Unbakable Potato

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
Show lib folder for this game

There isn't any lib folder. The .ipa was extracted using Clutch and hasn't been modified, so no IL2CPPDumper was used or anything of the sorts

1689083018122.png

here's the dll under the 'Managed' directory. I have the download to the .ipa linked in my previous replies if you want to mess around with the files yourself

Raebydett

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 20, 2020
G
It is possible those things store in asset bundle, might be worth looking

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
I'm honestly stumped. I think the game might be using AOT compilation, but the feature wasn't introduced by unity until 2017. Anyone have any idea what could be hiding the methods?

Hiyall360

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 14, 2018
Mr.Pringlez
I'm honestly stumped. I think the game might be using AOT compilation, but the feature wasn't introduced by unity until 2017. Anyone have any idea what could be hiding the methods?
You can use DevX to mod this game, lots of things show.

1695571366821.png

Check my thread on DevX for the download + some guides on how to use it.

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
Oh word. Thanks for the reply man. I remember trying to get a crack of devx to work a while ago, but it never worked for me. I'll give it another try

By the way did you see anything about connectivity in the code? I'd totally understand if you didn't look too deep into it tho

Hiyall360

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 14, 2018
Mr.Pringlez
Oh word. Thanks for the reply man. I remember trying to get a crack of devx to work a while ago, but it never worked for me. I'll give it another try

By the way did you see anything about connectivity in the code? I'd totally understand if you didn't look too deep into it tho
I havent looked into it, just wanted to quickly show you that you can use DevX to view/edit the Monobehaviors and etc of the bundles inside the ipa. I'll leave the exploring to you, good luck!

Unbakable Potato

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
Netherlands
I havent looked into it, just wanted to quickly show you that you can use DevX to view/edit the Monobehaviors and etc of the bundles inside the ipa. I'll leave the exploring to you, good luck!
btw btw, could you explain to me real quick why I can't see the statements under the functions? Is it just something that can't be retrieved in de-compilation for IOS games?

1695581068471.png

Liman8897

Platinian
Dec 5, 2022
Indonesia
Hello, I have projects source code game unlink function libil2cpp because I have a different problem with the existing tutorial?

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Hello, I have projects source code game unlink function libil2cpp because I have a different problem with the existing tutorial?
Please create an own question thread for your question.