Solved Can I share modded savefile on Platinmods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemoridhero

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
Tokyo
Loads of my games are modded this way –Im good at handling encrypted ❤❤❤❤

If I can, then where should I go?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Pinball deluxe reloaded, ZF3D, Smashy road 2, #Drive, Where's my water 1, Peggle blast, MyMuseum...
All the above either 1) didn't exist on Platinmods (yet) or 2) Have more features than current modded version
If nothing related to the game exists on platinmods, yes, you may share them in shared, or even try to apply for approved modder and post them in the approved section. (As long as you provide the setup method so that users can enjoy them); since I've seen some GG scripts in shared section before.

If a mod already exists, better ask DaRealPanda about this through PM.

hemoridhero

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
Tokyo
If nothing related to the game exists on platinmods, yes, you may share them in shared, or even try to apply for approved modder and post them in the approved section. (As long as you provide the setup method so that users can enjoy them); since I've seen some GG scripts in shared section before.

If a mod already exists, better ask DaRealPanda about this through PM.
Thanks for the clarification.

As some savefile requires root, this method will only benefit few players - Some mods elsewhere are able to include and extract app data, I'll investigate and try to do it that way.

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
As some savefile requires root, this method will only benefit few players - Some mods elsewhere are able to include and extract app data, I'll investigate and try to do it that way.
Well, as long as it benefits someone, you can post it.
I have root only mods, and mods that don't even work on emulator/rooted devices, and there's no issue.

If you find a way to improve that, well, even better.

hemoridhero

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
Tokyo
Well, as long as it benefits someone, you can post it.
I have root only mods, and mods that don't even work on emulator/rooted devices, and there's no issue.

If you find a way to improve that, well, even better.
Okay I'll post the savefile for now, and will update when I figure how to embed it into an apk!

Reactions: Yaskashije

hemoridhero

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
Tokyo
I think you'd be correct on that one, however, I don't understand why he would want to upload the data in this directory as a separate element. You can actually pack this into a split application package (known as XAPK). You do need a special app to install these files (SAI), but it's much easier than installing the original game APK and then copying over the designated data to the directory.
Thanks for your insight! I thought XAPK is only for obbs and split configs, never know if it could also be bundled with shared–prefs. Could you shed some light on how to do that?

xyzhunter

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 28, 2020
Indonesia
Thanks for the clarification.

must be use titanium backup, right?

Galaxy169

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Apr 28, 2020
Home
Thanks for your insight! I thought XAPK is only for obbs and split configs, never know if it could also be bundled with shared–prefs. Could you shed some light on how to do that?
There is a tool that embeds save data to the apk and extract it at the first launch.
Also, you can save archived files in app assets folder and then write a simple code in java to unzip them when you run the app.
Use the android studio to compile the app then decompile it using apktool to get smali codes so you can implement it in the game.
If you want I can give you the smali code.

hemoridhero

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
Tokyo
There is a tool that embeds save data to the apk and extract it at the first launch.
Also, you can save archived files in app assets folder and then write a simple code in java to unzip them when you run the app.
Use the android studio to compile the app then decompile it using apktool to get smali codes so you can implement it in the game.
If you want I can give you the smali code.
Thanks for your insight! May I ask what the tool your were referring to is? I'm kinda bad at smali so...:face03:

Status
Not open for further replies.