Help! cant find global-metadata

EzM0dZ

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
united states
So, i decided to try and mod this game, straight off the bat its a split apk. so i go into the v7 config apk extract what im pretty sure is the libil2cpp.so that just been renamed, and i go to extract global metadata from the base apk. well when i went into assets and there was no bin folder. i decided to look other places to no avail.

a pic of the assets folder
1594459356612.png

anyone know where it might be hiding?

thank you in advance ?

Last edited:

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
> is the libil2cpp.so that just been renamed

If instead of libil2cpp.so, the main lib has another name, like libX.so (where x =! il2cpp); this means this game hasn't got global-metadata because it's not a libil2cpp.so game.

Reactions: DLGamingvn

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
if im pretty sure i know which file contains the main lib, then how might i dump the dlls?
Read or watch the tutorials you can find here, because I'm 100% sure you haven't checked them; or you just read 1 word per sentence.

NullCoder

Inactive Approved Modder
Jun 8, 2020
None
Why are you so sure that this is il2cpp, I don’t think that this game is on Unity

EzM0dZ

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
united states
Read or watch the tutorials you can find here, because I'm 100% sure you haven't checked them; or you just read 1 word per sentence.

thank you for linking that tutorial to me i would not have considered to use ida. also im not familiarized with arm yet nor do i have ida pro. until now i was under the false assumption this was a unity game which it isnt so i wont bother with it yet. also, yes i have read through all of the tutorials, however there is a gap in knowledge that i need to overcome in order to understand the contents. thats why i didnt assume to use ida pro or to refer to that tutorial. sorry if i came off as lazy, im just dumb. and again thank you now i at least know what i need to learn.

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
thank you for linking that tutorial to me i would not have considered to use ida. also im not familiarized with arm yet nor do i have ida pro. until now i was under the false assumption this was a unity game which it isnt so i wont bother with it yet. also, yes i have read through all of the tutorials, however there is a gap in knowledge that i need to overcome in order to understand the contents. thats why i didnt assume to use ida pro or to refer to that tutorial. sorry if i came off as lazy, im just dumb. and again thank you now i at least know what i need to learn.
Well, there's good chances you would have to use IDA on libil2cpp.so games anyway, since the dumping doesn't give you enough information. But I understand why you had that mindset; online tutorials usually show games that only need a mov r0, #0xXXXX BX LR on the function's offset to work. Once you acquire some expeience, you realize that things really need more work.

As a personal advice: Check all the tutorials here (even if you think you don't need them for now), and learn how assembly instructions work. Once you have a decent idea, you can start modding easy games. Also, if you keep doing things like asking questions about things which have already been explained or asking to get something done, nobody's ever gonna help (or even answer) you unless you actually pay them.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
This game is not Unity based lol. Don't think all games are Unity
Look into bigger lib in lib folder that you can mod it

Reactions: Yaskashije

EzM0dZ

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
united states
Well, there's good chances you would have to use IDA on libil2cpp.so games anyway, since the dumping doesn't give you enough information. But I understand why you had that mindset; online tutorials usually show games that only need a mov r0, #0xXXXX BX LR on the function's offset to work. Once you acquire some expeience, you realize that things really need more work.

As a personal advice: Check all the tutorials here (even if you think you don't need them for now), and learn how assembly instructions work. Once you have a decent idea, you can start modding easy games. Also, if you keep doing things like asking questions about things which have already been explained or asking to get something done, nobody's ever gonna help (or even answer) you unless you actually pay them.
i appreciate the advice i will do that. and thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, i would have been completely lost for a long while without your help.

EzM0dZ

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
united states
This game is not Unity based lol. Don't think all games are Unity
Look into bigger lib in lib folder that you can mod it
yeeeee i kinda goofed on that one. and i will once i understand arm and how to use ida pro. thank you for the advice though ?