Tutorial Create Unity mod menu instance without active class (DLL/Mono backend only)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Long time ago I worked with mod menu for DLL/mono based Unity games, but I wanna show you a trick. There is a way to show mod menu without using active classes such as UIRoot, Soundmanager… You use mscorlib.dll to create instance in order to show the mod menu.

Template: AndnixSH/UnityModMenuAndroid
Full tutorial: [Tutorial] Unity Mod Menu for Android (Better version)

Mod the Assembly-Csharp.dll with mod menu as usual and save it

Open mscorlib.dll

Expand the ”-” -> Locale and edit GetText(string msg) method

1586029159756.png

On the bottom-left corner, there is a yellow folder icon which is called ”Add Assembly Reference (Ctrl + O)”. Click on it

1586029224097.png

Select modified Assembly-Csharp.dll and click Open, and also UnityEngine.dll
If you don’t add UnityEngine.dll, you might get an error

Code:
Error                   CS0012               The type 'MonoBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.               main.cs             7
1586029214455.png

Put the code
C#:
ModMenu.Start();
And compile

1586029196235.png

Save mscorlib.dll

Don't panic if your menu won't load after you start the game. Just wait, the menu will appear while game loading

UdayBaap

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 26, 2020
pune, maharashtra, india
You didn't do it correctly. Read the steps again
What is not working? http error?
I added modmenu in assembly with PmtModMenu release 1.0(by peek-a-boo).

Then opened mscorlib.dll and gave reference of modded assembly and unity engine, then edited getText msg and typed ModMenu.start(); but this code is in red font

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I added modmenu in assembly with PmtModMenu release 1.0(by peek-a-boo).

Then opened mscorlib.dll and gave reference of modded assembly and unity engine, then edited getText msg and typed ModMenu.start(); but this code is in red font
Sorry but this thread is not for PmtModMenu release 1.0

UdayBaap

Solid & Active Platinian
Apr 26, 2020
pune, maharashtra, india
My mod menu. Guess you didn't readed the thread at all. There is clearly link to my mod menu
I read everything, i have already downloaded all cs files long time ago from andnixsh.com but i was searching for your modMenu.dll to use directly without any changes because i can not make my own due to technical issue.
???