Help! Forcing arm64-v8a game to work with armeabi-v7?

Sami1980

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Europe
Hello fellow platinians!

I have a question for the experts. The game I am modding has forced me for an update from the google play store and now instead of armeabi-v7 folder it has arm64-v8a folder. I hate modding arm64 because it's harder. I downloaded a mod for the same game from some website, and it is the latest version because it is not forcing for an update. And when I dumped it, I noticed they are using armeabi-v7 folder instead of arm64-v8a. How are they able to deceive the game like that? I tried using my old armeabi-v7 folder instead of arm64-v8a but the game crashed. But when I use the other modders' armeabi-v7 folder it works! So I am wondering if I can do this on my own because what if they hadn't released that mod? I'd be in trouble Lol. How can I force the latest play store version to use armeabi-v7 folder instead of arm64-v8a folder like those other modders did? Appreciate any guidance or insight on the matter:tumbsup:

Reactions: claude07

Sami1980

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Europe
You should download Arm V7 version from a an apk downloader website
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know I can find it on apkmirror but I was wondering how these guys are able to get the armv7 version and subsequently do the same myself. I just don't comprehend how they are able to do that if the developers are no longer supplying the armv7 version. Is there programming involved?

mIsmanXP

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Feb 20, 2022
Republic of Indonesia
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know I can find it on apkmirror but I was wondering how these guys are able to get the armv7 version and subsequently do the same myself. I just don't comprehend how they are able to do that if the developers are no longer supplying the armv7 version. Is there programming involved?
To simplify, Developer supplied both arm and arm64 version, and then google playstore gives you which one suits your device most

If your device support arm64, then it'll install that version only

Sites such as apkmirror uses the playstore api, the api probably gives you information on which architecture the apk is supported and the ability to download it

Sami1980

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Europe
To simplify, Developer supplied both arm and arm64 version, and then google playstore gives you which one suits your device most

If your device support arm64, then it'll install that version only

Sites such as apkmirror uses the playstore api, the api probably gives you information on which architecture the apk is supported and the ability to download it
Thank you so much for the explanation. I really appreciate it. I learned something new!

nowhere_222

Just Crazy
Jul 29, 2022
Inner Peace 🕊️
Use BlueStacks 32 bit and extract APK from there
A lot of games are compatible 32 bit but when you extract them from phone it will be always 64 bit since Google Play Store restriction policy now only arm64

Also it might be a good idea to start learn codes for arm64 ❤😍

Reactions: Sami1980

Sami1980

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Europe
Use BlueStacks 32 bit and extract APK from there
A lot of games are compatible 32 bit but when you extract them from phone it will be always 64 bit since Google Play Store restriction policy now only arm64

Also it might be a good idea to start learn codes for arm64 ❤😍
Indeed! Learning arm64 is on my to-do list, but I am starting with baby steps. I just finished my first arm32 mod (with a mod menu) and I feel great about it. But so far I've only been successful with hex patching. Been struggling a bit with hooking and unlinking for certain hack features. As such I thought I would get those figured out in ARM32 first before I jump into ARM64. :lol:

Francois284Modz

Awesome Active Platinian
Jun 10, 2018
france
If you can mod arneabi v7 you can also mod the v8 is the same only thing that change is the architecture and your hooking freamwork I suggest you use dobby it's lightway hooking framework and it support both architecture

Reactions: Sami1980

Sami1980

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Europe
If you can mod arneabi v7 you can also mod the v8 is the same only thing that change is the architecture and your hooking freamwork I suggest you use dobby it's lightway hooking framework and it support both architecture
Okay, good to know.... Thank you!