Help! HELP have a little confident on coding.

Rolento

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Canada
since i have a lil experience coding (not for modding tho). from java Hello Word etc. and i wanna learn modding real bad. Especially after i read and watch some tutorial makes me more wanna learn. Because when im doing coding in college i love to solve why my code why its not working or how to type this code in my mind or teacher ask what will be the outcome of this code etc.
anyway what tools or application to download for this:
DLL running game
.so file running game (IDA)
.so file running game (il2cpp)
what i already downloaded.
Modding Tools - APK Easy Tool v1.50 Windows (GUI apktool)
What game should be the first to mod?
What im trying to mod.
Candy Crash Saga Unli Lives Moves Money.

8BIT

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 29, 2019
try with the ones (games) which doesnt come up with il2cpp
like those who comes with assembly... .dll like
Turbo Racing 3d
Gunship Strike 3d
etc
In which yu'll learn the basic stuff
-------
then compiled ones(libil2cpp)
using libil2cppdumper
all you need is *TIME* and *PATIENCE*
And a working BRAIN!!

• Haha
Reactions: Rolento

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
For modding, you will need Dev Cpp (to learn C++ programming itself, will be your greatest tool).
Tools: dnSpy (to mod .dll).
Links to download IDA and Il2CppDumper can be found in the tools section from this forum.
Some tip: don't missjudge Il2cpp games. Some times, you may need to use IDA to mod them, being as hard to mod as any other native. (All online tutorials found are 99% put some keyword in dump.cs, get the offset, go to il2cpp and place there 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1), and other games may requiere hooks.

Also, Candy Crush is not beginner friendly. If I recall correctly, it's native, so you will end up with a lib and no global-metadata.

Other game that could help you learning how to mod (after @8BIT's recommendation):
Clicker Knight: Incremental Idle RPG
It may not be the friendliest one out there. But, after modding some very easy .dll ones, this one would be the next natural step.

Good luck

Reactions: Rolento

Rolento

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Canada
try with the ones (games) which doesnt come up with il2cpp
like those who comes with assembly... .dll like
Turbo Racing 3d
Gunship Strike 3d
etc
In which yu'll learn the basic stuff
-------
then compiled ones(libil2cpp)
using libil2cppdumper
all you need is *TIME* and *PATIENCE*
And a working BRAIN!!
will do thanks for the tips.
i have this *TIME* and *PATIENCE* tested and proven by my wife ahahaha
BRAIN? idk maybe hahaha will see :D

For modding, you will need Dev Cpp (to learn C++ programming itself, will be your greatest tool).
Tools: dnSpy (to mod .dll).
Links to download IDA and Il2CppDumper can be found in the tools section from this forum.
Some tip: don't missjudge Il2cpp games. Some times, you may need to use IDA to mod them, being as hard to mod as any other native. (All online tutorials found are 99% put some keyword in dump.cs, get the offset, go to il2cpp and place there 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1), and other games may requiere hooks.

Also, Candy Crush is not beginner friendly. If I recall correctly, it's native, so you will end up with a lib and no global-metadata.

Other game that could help you learning how to mod (after @8BIT's recommendation):
Clicker Knight: Incremental Idle RPG
It may not be the friendliest one out there. But, after modding some very easy .dll ones, this one would be the next natural step.

Good luck
thanks for reply.
but still have questions.
C++ i download it and installed wondering if u have a website i can learn from basic to advance willing to learn how to use C++ looks interesting like JAVA
Tools:
dnSpy downloaded
Il2CppDumper is this the right one? (win10 x64) Il2CppDumper GUI Tool - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps
IDA cant find in tools section from this forum.
Again thank you for your reply guys im just eager to learn :D idk how slow i learn but still learning is learning. :D slowly but surely ;)

8BIT

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 29, 2019
will do thanks for the tips.
i have this *TIME* and *PATIENCE* tested and proven by my wife ahahaha
BRAIN? idk maybe hahaha will see :D

thanks for reply.
but still have questions.
C++ i download it and installed wondering if u have a website i can learn from basic to advance willing to learn how to use C++ looks interesting like JAVA
Tools:
dnSpy downloaded
Il2CppDumper is this the right one? (win10 x64) Il2CppDumper GUI Tool - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps
IDA cant find in tools section from this forum.
Again thank you for your reply guys im just eager to learn :D idk how slow i learn but still learning is learning. :D slowly but surely ;)
IDA PRO FREEWARE/PAID --> IDA Pro – Hex Rays
------OR------
If you're Not Agaist Pirated ones
well you can find it in "The Galaxy's Most Resilient BitTorrent SIte"::) [TPB]
or in here You searched for Ida pro - Get Into PC

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
You will find plenty on tutorials online. Both on text and video format. Any error/warning the compiler throws that you can't figure out will be explained in some thread in StackExchange.