Help! Help with code

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
Hi All,
Hope you're good.
I am brand new to modding, but after watching a lot of videos and reading guides I managed to get through all the steps to dump, dnspy, ida, hxd and APK easy tool sign. but after trying a lot of code in different locations I cant get any of them to work. i have been advised to focus on the actor class in dnSpy, but I'm not sure on what to edit the code to. have attached pictures of what i think i need to change for attributes. is this correct?

Game: Marvel Realm of Champions

have mainly been using the below, but not sure if i am putting it in the correct places

MOV x0,#0
ret

MOV x0#1
ret

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

Reactions: Washboard

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
If you had programming knowledge, you would notice that function get_atributes return something the program defines as ActorAtributes.
When you write

Code:
MOV x0#1
ret
Translates to return 1; with 1 being something defined as an int.

As you can guess, the bytes that define a 1 in int, could mean something completely different in ActorAtributes (not necessary 1).
Unless you know how to hook (unlikely since you are a beginner), try looking for other functions.

Also, the developers that created this game, have good protection on their other game Marvel Contest of Champions; so even if your edits worked, there's chances game has security checks that crash it.

Reactions: Puny God

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
If you had programming knowledge, you would notice that function get_atributes return something the program defines as ActorAtributes.
When you write

Code:
MOV x0#1
ret
Translates to return 1; with 1 being something defined as an int.

As you can guess, the bytes that define a 1 in int, could mean something completely different in ActorAtributes (not necessary 1).
Unless you know how to hook (unlikely since you are a beginner), try looking for other functions.

Also, the developers that created this game, have good protection on their other game Marvel Contest of Champions; so even if your edits worked, there's chances game has security checks that crash it.
thanks for the reply mate. i have had some crashes when editing the cooldown functions. is there somewhere i can learn how to remove security checks?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
thanks for the reply mate. i have had some crashes when editing the cooldown functions. is there somewhere i can learn how to remove security checks?
You will have to figure this thing by yourself. After all, Devs also learn from this kind of discussions :^)

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
what's the result?
i mean, have you test it?
i haven't tried anything on the pictures as not sure what to edit to.

in the actorattributes class i have tried cooldown, health, damage, etc with no changes in game at all..

the game was crashing at the start of the fight when i changed GetCooldownAmount in MROC.Gameplay.AbilityLocal