This is the AMP version of this page.
If you want to load the real page instead, click this text.

Help! Help with code

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
Hi All,
Hope you're good.
I am brand new to modding, but after watching a lot of videos and reading guides I managed to get through all the steps to dump, dnspy, ida, hxd and APK easy tool sign. but after trying a lot of code in different locations I cant get any of them to work. i have been advised to focus on the actor class in dnSpy, but I'm not sure on what to edit the code to. have attached pictures of what i think i need to change for attributes. is this correct?

Game: Marvel Realm of Champions

have mainly been using the below, but not sure if i am putting it in the correct places

MOV x0,#0
ret

MOV x0#1
ret

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

Reactions: Washboard

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
If you had programming knowledge, you would notice that function get_atributes return something the program defines as ActorAtributes.
When you write

Code:
MOV x0#1
ret
Translates to return 1; with 1 being something defined as an int.

As you can guess, the bytes that define a 1 in int, could mean something completely different in ActorAtributes (not necessary 1).
Unless you know how to hook (unlikely since you are a beginner), try looking for other functions.

Also, the developers that created this game, have good protection on their other game Marvel Contest of Champions; so even if your edits worked, there's chances game has security checks that crash it.

Reactions: Puny God

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
thanks for the reply mate. i have had some crashes when editing the cooldown functions. is there somewhere i can learn how to remove security checks?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
thanks for the reply mate. i have had some crashes when editing the cooldown functions. is there somewhere i can learn how to remove security checks?
You will have to figure this thing by yourself. After all, Devs also learn from this kind of discussions :^)

Puny God

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Scotland
what's the result?
i mean, have you test it?
i haven't tried anything on the pictures as not sure what to edit to.

in the actorattributes class i have tried cooldown, health, damage, etc with no changes in game at all..

the game was crashing at the start of the fight when i changed GetCooldownAmount in MROC.Gameplay.AbilityLocal