Help! Help with debugging, am I on the right track?

S0ul3r

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
Poland
Hey, so recently I am trying to do some modding on my own using tutorials from your website. As my target I took GOddess Era apk.

Rpg game made with cocos2dx engine. The game apk looks like in the attached picture, so then I headed to lib folder it contained arm64-v8a, armeabi and armeabi-v7a, I have read that the best practice is to edit v7 version of .so and that's why I went in it and opened the libcocos2dlua.so file in IDA.

Now here I have seen many different guides and I thought that the game is made in lua so I wanted to follow guidelines regarding games with lua but there are no files lua/luac from which I would be able to take a signature.

Here is my question then am I just now open to trial and error in IDA and finding some offsets by ctrl+f the whole debugged code from .so file or do I have to do anything else before I begin my trial and error search for HEX values. Maybe there is a better way to find those offets?

EDIT: from my research I see that most of the stuff is server sided but maybe I would be able to find something that is stored locally.

1661245365138.png

Last edited: