Help! How do i find function not located in ill2cpp?

bringbackthepills

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2024
Have a game Idol Party. Need to make autodance function. I found nothing related to dance in ill2cpp dump. As i understood functions related to dance are located in another lib. How can i find these offsets?

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
As i understood functions related to dance are located in another lib.
What makes you think they are in another lib? If the game is using Unity all the code should be in libil2cpp.so.

The main question I have now is what are you searching for in the dump that doesn't give you any results?

Reactions: bringbackthepills

bringbackthepills

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2024
What makes you think they are in another lib? If the game is using Unity all the code should be in libil2cpp.so.

The main question I have now is what are you searching for in the dump that doesn't give you any results?
I am searching for functions related to dancing. I was searching lots of words (dance, accuracy, perfect and many others) and found nothing. Also i checked manually all the dump and i found nothing. It made me think that dance functions are not located in libil2cpp cos someone said that now some games locate certain features in another lib. If u have 5 mins, check dump pls

Attachments

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
Yeah, there isnt alot in there from the looks of it... I did see lua in the dump, I downloaded the game apk and there is a libxlua.so, maybe the game logic is in lua? This game has 2.24GB data to download... currently at 40.85% percent although the download speed is really inconsistent from this game.

Give me a few and I will reply after having a proper look.

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
Ty bro, waiting for ur answer
This game always slows to a crawl when downloading... it ends up jumping around between15kb/s and 900kb/s... It finally downloaded the 2.24 GB after an hour only for the game the say the download had failed and to restart the whole thing.....

Restarted the download and leaving it to do its thing, currently at 30 percent done... assuming it doesnt break itself again lol

Anyway when its finally sorted itself out I will have a look and reply to ya :)

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
Ty. Dont forget please, all hope on you :d
Downloaded the 2GB data now on a real device twice and 2 emulators and everytime it finishes the download it says it failed....
1708969513087.png
I have seen a couple reviews for the game saying they had similar issues, this game seems to have very unstable servers or... something. If you have any ideas why this game does this let me know, at the moment though I cant even download their data.

Sbyky

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Oct 4, 2022
Pakistan
i found these

Code:
    // RVA: 0x1F5A1E0 Offset: 0x1F5A1E0 VA: 0x1F5A1E0
    public static bool get_autoSimulation() { }

OR

[GeneratedByOldBindingsGeneratorAttribute] // RVA: 0x82CCA0 Offset: 0x82CCA0 VA: 0x82CCA0
    // RVA: 0x1F80118 Offset: 0x1F80118 VA: 0x1F80118
    public bool get_playAutomatically() { }

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
@Sbyky
I checked here on my side in dnSpy and the only matches I get from them 2 are both from standard UnityEngine.dll?
C#:
UnityEngine.Physics.get_autoSimulation();
UnityEngine.Animation.get_playAutomatically();
==============

This worked, I did a quick dump of the lua files, in total 2,408 files were dumped, here is the download if you want to have a look: IdolParty_Lua_Dump

Some notable things to look through from looking through quickly are:
com.xipu.cwqmx.tg/Lua/Game/GameManager.lua
com.xipu.cwqmx.tg/Lua/Game/Game/GamePlay.lua
There is also a folder called com.xipu.cwqmx.tg/Lua/Game/Game/Dance which has alot of difference DanceControllers which appear to be for different game modes?

bringbackthepills

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 20, 2024
There is also a folder called com.xipu.cwqmx.tg/Lua/Game/Game/Dance which has alot of difference DanceControllers which appear to be for different game modes?
Thank you for the dump! So you are right, all game functions related to dance etc are located in .lua. So next question what can i do with it? First of all i thought i could just replace changed .lua. But i dont think its possible/im not sure how to do it. So what can i do?

CodeJutsu

Platinian
Oct 1, 2023
Thank you for the dump! So you are right, all game functions related to dance etc are located in .lua. So next question what can i do with it? First of all i thought i could just replace changed .lua. But i dont think its possible/im not sure how to do it. So what can i do?
To be honest we could do a tutorial on how to deal with lua but it has many variations and the process differ sometimes
For example some devs just throw the plain lua files and you could just mod the file and overwrite it others no they pack it and unpack it on runtime, some even encrypt them, there is also luajit, luaQ, LuaS, etc etc

Reactions: Sbyky

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
The base problem is I am unable to find metadata and il2cpp.lib
libil2cpp.so and global-metada.dat are from unity games, games made with the Unity Game Engine that first screenshot has libVPhoneGagaLib.so which is that virtual machine app, so yeah you wont find them files.

Reactions: gamertrial

gamertrial

Rookie
Feb 27, 2024
Ok bro thanks for informing , Can you also tell me how can I modify this app . I would be highly thankful to you.

farajiluan

Rookie
Mar 3, 2024
If you're searching for a function not located in il2cpp within a game that doesn't utilize il2cpp, your approach would differ from analyzing il2cpp-based games. You might start by examining the game's executable or dynamic link libraries (DLLs) using reverse engineering tools like IDA Pro or Ghidra. Through static analysis, you can identify function calls, their locations, and possibly understand their purposes within the game's codebase. Additionally, dynamic analysis during runtime with tools like Cheat Engine might reveal function addresses in memory.