Help! How do people get 'cheaper' in game purchases?

Corazone

Rookie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
Hey guys, i've been wondering since a while since i already saw so much shops for example on one piece treasure cruise global or JP, that they're selling for example 500 Gems for just 100$, like ingame 85 gems are already 59,99$ so yeah.., i've been wondering how they do it? I would pay to know the method, if someone knows how, hmu (: ( No 'going first , proofs first ). They also ALL specify that it's only available per android that means like you give them your game credentials and then after if you should have an iphone or else you should login from a android simulator to spend the gems and everything, so i was immediatly thinking of APK, but i've been thinking that like, it's server sided..? So i really don't understand, or does something like a "country glitch" works? That means that for example 1$ is some more in another currency and it's been used like that in the shop? I mean imagine 10$ would be now 75€ (Just an example, ik it's wrong), they could pay in the shop much lesser while using another country ? If someone knows, hmu, im ready to pay for it, but like i said, first proofs and yes.

Have a nice day :)

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
I talked once to one doing like this and he said, that they make accounts in countries which have cheap prices like india and load the gems via the accounts there buddy

Phil_

Rookie
Sep 7, 2017
We've had the same thing in a different game. They surely use vpn or something to buy gems in a different country like brazil prize was 15$ for something an US citizen would pay 100$. Im sure its what admin said.

SeductiveBoy

Rookie
Oct 7, 2017
The Internets
I guess if you use a VPN and use an IP from any poor a55 country, you will get everything cheaper. :face24:

But lots of companies are catching on and banning people for ToS violation once they buy a lot of cheap gems and then change back to an EU/US ect IP. :face05:

Really depends on how much time you want to spend trying to chat up the random support person in India to get your account back.

Infinity Legend

Platinian
Nov 4, 2018
Nature ❤
I talked once to one doing like this and he said, that they make accounts in countries which have cheap prices like india and load the gems via the accounts there buddy
I would totally disagree with this. Even with cheap prices, you cant scale that much with a profit. Also about india, in almost 99.99% games the prices are hyper inflated when you convert them into local currency. I have checked it myself.
This is only possible by 2 ways-
1. They buy in game goods for your account using stolen credit cards, hacked accounts, etc. There are thousands of such people on the internet who sell cheap rss for every major game.
2. There was something a few years ago which I dont know much about. It was only for Chinese I guess, but if you connected your game account to whatever-it-was, you could swap the real currency in the game shop with special diamonds. You still still had to buy the diamonds, but they were times cheaper.
Example- An in game item costs $100. You connect your account to that-thing and the price gets changed to 500 diamonds. Now, you could already buy diamonds at a rate say $100 for 1200 or 1800 diamonds. So that's at least a 2x profit. I dont think it is possible anymore, but maybe those people have that thing since the beginning and so it still works...?

Reactions: Kuatajii

Kuatajii

1/3 Games Approved
Dec 16, 2019
Blue Planet
I would totally disagree with this. Even with cheap prices, you cant scale that much with a profit. Also about india, in almost 99.99% games the prices are hyper inflated when you convert them into local currency. I have checked it myself.
This is only possible by 2 ways-
1. They buy in game goods for your account using stolen credit cards, hacked accounts, etc. There are thousands of such people on the internet who sell cheap rss for every major game.
2. There was something a few years ago which I dont know much about. It was only for Chinese I guess, but if you connected your game account to whatever-it-was, you could swap the real currency in the game shop with special diamonds. You still still had to buy the diamonds, but they were times cheaper.
Example- An in game item costs $100. You connect your account to that-thing and the price gets changed to 500 diamonds. Now, you could already buy diamonds at a rate say $100 for 1200 or 1800 diamonds. So that's at least a 2x profit. I dont think it is possible anymore, but maybe those people have that thing since the beginning and so it still works...?
Agree