Tutorial How to backup app data using Swift Backup app (Root only)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Most users probably don't need a backup tool since most games comes with login system, or transfer ID. But some offline games does not offer an option to backup or you can't backup because you haven't paid the game, or using signed APK, or broken Facebook login.

To use Swift Backup properly, you'll need to root your Android device. If you don't have root, you can use Virtual Machine and install apps you like in it

Download Swift Backup from Play Store: Swift Backup - Apps on Google Play

Open Swift Backup. Grant root access when asked. After grating root access, you will see this screen. Note, I PURCHASED the premium with my money, so don't ask me for mod APK

Tap the Apps icon

Image 2023 01 28 13 49 03.png

Choose the app you want to backup. (I will backup CarX Rally as an example)

Image 2023 01 28 13 49 13.png

Tap on Data, or +Backup.

In rare case, you may also need to backup Ext. data. Most apps does not store data or sensitive data on /storage/emulated/0/Android/data for security reason

Image 2023 01 28 13 49 19.png

Choose if you want to back to device or cloud. Cloud is a premium feature only

Image 2023 01 28 13 49 36.png

If successful, you will see this screen

Image 2023 01 28 13 49 47.png

Your encrypted backup data will be stored in /storage/emulated/0/SwiftBackup/

Keep in mind, you can't read encrypted backup data. It is for your privacy sake! To see your unencrypted data, use a File manager and go to /data/data/(package name)/

oMeGa012

Rookie
Feb 5, 2023
Black Hole Void
Thank you for sharing!
The question is. How is this different from simply going to where the game installed and just copy everything?
I would like to know so I can manually do that. I tried different apps before that claims to be able to backup your game's data but when you restore it you will start a fresh game!
I have been scouting the internet for the longest time and didn't find a satisfying answer.
Appreciate it in advance

yejordan

Awesome Active Platinian
Mar 11, 2022
The stars above
that wont make a difference and it will be extremely difficult for you go to the internal files and learning which ones you need and is not viable. I recently started using neobackup instead of titanium and those never gave me a problem, some games are highly protected but i dont think it relates to what u are trying to do.

Reactions: Ahmad Fathi

oMeGa012

Rookie
Feb 5, 2023
Black Hole Void
that wont make a difference and it will be extremely difficult for you go to the internal files and learning which ones you need and is not viable. I recently started using neobackup instead of titanium and those never gave me a problem, some games are highly protected but i dont think it relates to what u are trying to do.
I see. And correct me if I'm wrong, so there are hidden files for game save that can only be seen when you have root access.

I tried NeoBackup latest version but it keeps throwing an exception error on the emulator. My phone is not rooted so it's not working

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I see. And correct me if I'm wrong, so there are hidden files for game save that can only be seen when you have root access.

I tried NeoBackup latest version but it keeps throwing an exception error on the emulator. My phone is not rooted so it's not working
You can try Titanium Backup. I'm still using it since it works on older Android version How to backup app data using Titanium backup app (Root/Virtual machine) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Reactions: oMeGa012

vaporsalesman

Rookie
Apr 17, 2023
United States
A heartfelt 'thank you' for the information provided. The key question is. How is this any different from just copying everything from the game's installation folder? Please let me know so I can go ahead and accomplish it by hand. I've tried a few other applications that offer to back up your game data, but they always reset everything when you restore them. I've been looking all over the web, but I can't seem to come up with a good solution. dordle